PDA

View Full Version : J'Accuse

StanleyB
08-10-2013, 15:30
Ever so often I get accused of:
1. Posting on forums under different names.
2. Being banned on head-fi for posting under different names.

In the thread at http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?28105-MQn&p=488907#post488907 one of the two claims is again repeated. I find myself having to defend myself against these claims over and over again.

In this case Simon (sq225917) uses as evidence the claim that
"No doubt you were dealt an unfair hand at Headfi as well and the claims made for multiple posters from the same IP and shared cookies (same pc) are also untrue. "

I would like Simon to make it known to the wider community what the IP address is that he is referring to.

Marco
08-10-2013, 18:05
Hi Stan,

I've just posted the following message to Simon, on the thread in the digital section:

Simon,

With respect, we're simply no interested in what's happened on head-fi (especially when it's old news that has already been dealt with), so please don't bring that stuff to AoS. Cheers!

Marco.

Therefore, if Simon does respond here, both of you please keep it short and sweet. I certainly don't want the thread to turn into a lengthy dispute over bollocks that's happened on another forum, and if I see any signs of that, the thread will be locked without further notice.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

sq225917
08-10-2013, 18:09
Marco I had penned a suitable lengthy response to Stanley, but I'll save it and keep it short and sweet.

Stanley if you wish to prove your were not responsible for the accounts and posts as claimed by the two forum owners at C.A. and Headfi then it will only cost you a solicitors letter to request account and payment details from the domain hosting company and the ISP who served out the IP addresses that were presented. Tell you what, I want you to clear your name so much I'l offer you £100 towards the costs. How does that sound?

StanleyB
08-10-2013, 18:58
Simon you are the accuser. So it is up to you to provide evidence to back up your claims. My solicitor says I have good grounds for a libel case against you since you are repeating accusations as a third party and will have to substantiate the three claims that you have openly made. They are the IP address,cookies, and PC. If you are unable to substantiate any said claims from information in your personal possession, then I suggest that you seek advice from your solicitor ASAP. You are also smearing me on AoS against the wishes of the site owner, and thereby dragging him into a situation that is not of his making. According to my solicitor the site owner could also file a claim against you for any damaged done to the site's credibility out of any negative comments it may attract from your statements. But I am sure you are financially secure enough to fund your defence.

Marco
08-10-2013, 19:15
Ok, chaps, I'm locking it here, as this is simply inappropriate. If you wish to carry on the dispute, then please do so via PM.

Marco.