PDA

View Full Version : Shed Clearance - 2

StanleyB
06-10-2013, 10:24
Next up is a box of cables that I had developed as part of a kit set for the Bushmaster. But minimum ordering requirement from the manufacturer would have pushed me over the edge as far as storage space is concerned.

The kit consists of two pieces each of a TOSLINK and Coax cable. The actual R&D cost exceeds (by a considerable margin) the amount I am asking for the kit, but it is not about recovering my expenditure. It's just for a bit of fun :).
And proceedings of all the items I am clearing out the shed are going to a single mothers project to give some less well off kids a good time this Christmas.

Ideally I would like this kit to go to an existing or prospective BM owner. It would also make for a good Christmas present for someone you are trying to introduce someone else to digital music.

The kit is below 2KG, so I am willing to consider an offer from any AoS member within the EU.

Price is £50 posted to the UK, or £55 to the continent if paying via Paypal Gift or Family & Friends. Any other Paypal method is an extra £3. Bank transfer from a UK bank account holder is also acceptable. Collection is also possible in which case £40 cash will do nicely :).

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/aos/jib.jpg

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/aos/jib2.jpg

struth
06-10-2013, 11:37
Very commendable stan...and if no one else buys it I will.
like a good cause

franz159
06-10-2013, 13:23
Hi Stan,
I bought from you a Bushmaster MKI (which is now making a friend/colleague very happy) and recently the MKII.

I would not need new cables, but the selling point for me would be to come and collect sometime next week, in order to meet you and maybe offer you a pint at the pub... unless Grant (previous post) needs them.

Franz

StanleyB
06-10-2013, 13:57
If you two guys can flick a virtual coin and decide the winner via PM I shall reserve it for that person. Just PM me or post the outcome :).

struth
06-10-2013, 14:54
Franz is having them I think Stan...he virtually beat me up:lol:

StanleyB
06-10-2013, 15:27
OK I shall put him down for the leads.

I found a damaged Micro Seiki MA505 MKI arm with bits missing, and a Technics EPA-501 arm with a wand that needs attention.
But I also found some old DACs that need fixing and working boards. I'll try to sort them out and maybe offer them for spares or repair for DIY projects during the winter months.
I wonder if they are worth listing here if there is any interest :scratch:.

phonomac
06-10-2013, 18:46
Hello Stan,
I could certainly be interested in either/both arms as projects. Let me know if you decide to move them on.

regards

Angus

Bigandbouncy
06-10-2013, 19:57
Hi Stan,

If you find a nice case in your shed around 10" x 7" x 2.5" for the DAC magic board I have (and keep meaning to build :-)) I would rather give the dosh to your charity than Maplins :)
Dave

StanleyB
06-10-2013, 20:44
Hi Stan,

If you find a nice case in your shed around 10" x 7" x 2.5" for the DAC magic board I have (and keep meaning to build :-)) I would rather give the dosh to your charity than Maplins :)
Dave
I don't have anything suitable. But I would recommend a long standing contact down in Brighton. His website is at http://www.lincolnbinns.com/
You can even design your own front and back panel and he'll make that for you as well. First class chap and well worth bookmarking his site if you areinto DIY.

StanleyB
06-10-2013, 20:52
Hello Stan,
I could certainly be interested in either/both arms as projects. Let me know if you decide to move them on.

regards

Angus
PM me your email address and I can email you some pics of the various bits. The arm base for the EPA-500 is fully functional and in good condition. Would fetch a more than decent price on its own on fleebay. I'll throw in the arms for free if we can agree a price on the EPA-500 arm base.
You'll have first refusal. But anyone else also interested in those bits and are skilled enough to tackle them is free to PM me as a back up. Johny7 would be the best person to contact if you need the assistance of an expert arm rebuilder with these bits.

Bigandbouncy
06-10-2013, 23:14
I don't have anything suitable. But I would recommend a long standing contact down in Brighton. His website is at http://www.lincolnbinns.com/
You can even design your own front and back panel and he'll make that for you as well. First class chap and well worth bookmarking his site if you areinto DIY.

Thanks Stan, I'll give it a look :0)