PDA

View Full Version : croft 7 power amp

wee tee cee
03-10-2013, 06:14
Purchased on this very forum a few months ago. Paid £400 plus postage, want the same money back.
Ex demo model, all original packaging and receipt from first purchase this year.
pay pal gift preferred method of payment.

Naim super nait 2 thread on Blank canvas gives another members opinion on the amp when he heard it last weekend amongst others at my place.

Can Email pictures if required.

ADY
03-10-2013, 19:39
Tony,
a few questions 1. does it need a pre amp or seperate power supply ? 2. what is the output and is it 8 ohm ? 3. can i run a dac into it ok ? and why are you selling it of course.
thanks Ady

wee tee cee
04-10-2013, 15:46
I have six mono blocks 4 x temple audio, 2 x valve and an original bantum and access to my sons two mini t amps (my cast offs to his system).

The croft can only be sighted in the middle of the fire place because to utilise my cabling that compliments it restricts my placement. I use the fire in the winter time logs/coal.....

Pre amp wise I was using a Tisbury audio pre, its passive "effectively a stepped attenuator) the croft had no issues driving spendor sp1s of 63 statics without breaking a sweat.

dacs usually push out 2v so no problem not using a active pre. If you have computer audio that has digital volume control or a dac with pre then you dont need a dedicated pre.......BUT if you run a turntable you will need a phono amp.

Selling because I fancy buying another pair of spendors advertised on here for my son and me to decide which we prefer.

Lovely power amp..... if no takers then I will keep it and place it in my sons system. Glen Croft services and offers an upgrade on every amp he has hand built.

Made a recent discovery of battery power for my whole system, horses for courses.

DSJR
04-10-2013, 16:02
The Series 7 is in constant use at hifi dave's place whenever I get the chance to visit and I can confirm how well it does with complex crossover speakers like the traditional Spendor and Harbeth designs :) High input impedance of 470k means a passive can be readily used with no losses I reckon. Funds are being diverted here into mundane things like tyres, brakes and other recent expensive car services :( but I intend to get a Tisbury for myself before too long...

wee tee cee
04-10-2013, 19:43
The Series 7 is in constant use at hifi dave's place whenever I get the chance to visit and I can confirm how well it does with complex crossover speakers like the traditional Spendor and Harbeth designs :) High input impedance of 470k means a passive can be readily used with no losses I reckon. Funds are being diverted here into mundane things like tyres, brakes and other recent expensive car services :( but I intend to get a Tisbury for myself before too long...my son just bought a st170 03 plate im 600 quid lighter today just making him safe.........the tisbury is transparent-end of.....

Canetoad
05-10-2013, 10:55
Tony,

I'd love to try this with my Micro 25 but I'm a bit skint at the moment. :(

wee tee cee
05-10-2013, 16:49
Bernie,
PM me you can borrow it for a fortnight if you fancy.......

Canetoad
05-10-2013, 20:42
Ooh! Thanks mate! :)

wee tee cee
22-10-2013, 10:14
Bump

Canetoad
22-10-2013, 12:04
PM sent Tony. :)

wee tee cee
23-10-2013, 05:16
PM replied to.