PDA

View Full Version : MF X A1 vs Temple Audio Bantam

Ned664
29-09-2013, 18:42
I am currently using Musical Fidelity X A1 which generally am very happy with. But, the PSU hums, sometimes intrusively sometimes not. Would a Temple Audio Bantam offer similar sound quality without ghe hum? I have been hearing very good bantams but half the output power. Speakers are monitor audio rx1.

John
29-09-2013, 19:43
No hum from the Bantam
Good amp with the right speakers
I am pretty sure you can get sale or return

Ninanina
29-09-2013, 22:06
I am currently using Musical Fidelity X A1 which generally am very happy with. But, the PSU hums, sometimes intrusively sometimes not. Would a Temple Audio Bantam offer similar sound quality without ghe hum? I have been hearing very good bantams but half the output power. Speakers are monitor audio rx1.

Hi Nick
I'm running the Bantam Gold (at 25w) admittedly using speakers of 95'ish dB, but your RX1's are 89 dB so reasonably sensitive. I can only recommend the Bantam Gold as I have never heard the standard Bantam 'Classic' (at 15w), however if you contact John at Temple he will let you try one on their 60 day trial. You have nothing to loose really

There are many others on here that will back me up with this recommendation :)

I can also confirm that the Bantam Gold is completely silent in use, as is the PSU, no hum nothing at all