PDA

View Full Version : Arkless 640P "Turbo" now available!

Arkless Electronics
29-09-2013, 13:03
The long awaited "turbo" version of the Arkless 640P/651P is now available!
A demo version can be auditioned by anyone interested as with the standard Arkless 640P.
The turbo is £330 + £11.50 postage and the basic Arkless 640P can be taken up to turbo spec for a further £180, which may be useful for owners of the original Arkless 640P and also those who want to reach turbo spec in two stages.... The original Arkless 640P is of course still available at £160 + £11.50 postage.

What do I get if I go for the turbo I hear you ask.... You get the best op-amps currently available, which are then taken to another level by being biased into Class A with external JFET current sources, the original board is further stripped to allow space for improvements to the power supply to the all important first stage, further improvements to the grounding are made and bigger and better output capacitors are used.

The result of this is a more sophisticated and "grown up" sound over and above the already excellent performance of the basic Arkless 640P mods.

Audio Al
29-09-2013, 13:39
Can I have a Turbo ?

Arkless Electronics
29-09-2013, 14:13
Can I have a Turbo ?

Allen Wells isn't it? If I've got that right then you've asked at an opportune moment 'cos yours is stripped of the original parts and would have been made into a standard Arkless 640P in the next few days! (all 640P/651P's are currently being done in one big batch so anyone waiting.... it's a few days away!)

Of course you can! MC only still?

twotone
29-09-2013, 15:19
Jez, if the price of the ugrade is £80 (there's a typo above) then can I have mine 'turboed' too?:D

Just seen your correction on PFM, disregard above.

Thanks

Tony

Arkless Electronics
29-09-2013, 15:43
Jez, if the price of the ugrade is £80 (there's a typo above) then can I have mine 'turboed' too?:D

It was indeed a typo which I've just corrected!!

If anyone who has a unit with me at present wishes to have the turbo then it's £330. Those who already own a Arkless 640P can have it upgraded to turbo spec for an extra £180. I hope that clarifies matters!

Arkless Electronics
29-09-2013, 15:51
Can I have a Turbo ?

Having now (hopefully!) cleared up the confusion over pricing, can you let me know for definite which version it's to be... Ta.

Tarzan
29-09-2013, 16:13
Having now (hopefully!) cleared up the confusion over pricing, can you let me know for definite which version it's to be... Ta.

Will he get it back quicker?

Audio Al
29-09-2013, 16:14
Allen Wells isn't it? If I've got that right then you've asked at an opportune moment 'cos yours is stripped of the original parts and would have been made into a standard Arkless 640P in the next few days! (all 640P/651P's are currently being done in one big batch so anyone waiting.... it's a few days away!)

Of course you can! MC only still?

Yes that's ME the one and only Allen Wells :)

If it can be MM and MC that would be even better ;) and TURBO

Tarzan
29-09-2013, 16:14
The turbo version that is:)

Arkless Electronics
29-09-2013, 16:49
Yes that's ME the one and only Allen Wells :)

If it can be MM and MC that would be even better ;) and TURBO

Okeydoke! That's £330 + £11.50 postage and £25 for fitting a rear panel switch for MC/MM then.

He won't get it any quicker Tarzan no.... but it will only be about a week! (a few parts for turbo version on order so that will add a couple of days or so to the "it's a few days away" mentioned above)

Audio Al
29-09-2013, 16:57
Okeydoke! That's £330 + £11.50 postage and £25 for fitting a rear panel switch for MC/MM then.

He won't get it any quicker Tarzan no.... but it will only be about a week! (a few parts for turbo version on order so that will add a couple of days or so to the "it's a few days away" mentioned above)

OK SOLD :)