PDA

View Full Version : Vertically wall mounting a Technics SL10

DAVEDWACK
01-03-2008, 22:03
Right then, I'm fed up of it being out of the way in the cabinet. It's supposed to be possible to wall mount it vertically! The problem is none of the manuals explain how to do it.

I've had a look underneath, but no clues there really. Is it perhaps a bracket type affair maybe supplied originally as an accessory? Does it "hook" onto big bolts? Do the feet come off? Do you mount it upside down so the cables are at the bottom?

So many questions but I bet there's somebody out there who can help. I'd be really chuffed if somebody could help with this. I realise of course I could stick it horizontally on a nice shelf but I'd prefer the vertical option if possible.

Cheers...Dave

Mike
01-03-2008, 22:19
WHAT!!?? :uhho:

Mike
01-03-2008, 22:21
Oh, Hang on..... Is it one of those linear tracking jobbies?

DAVEDWACK
01-03-2008, 22:22
WHAT!!?? :uhho:

I've now had another look underneath and there does actually seem to be 3 screw threads 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top, so maybe they did do an accessory.

Still if anybody is able to shed some light that'd be great.

Vinyl Grinder
01-03-2008, 22:30
Possibly optional extras, here's a pick of what could also be optional ramps..

http://gon5.audiogon.com/i/a/f/1201981162.jpg

You got a pic of the bottom?

What's the holes between the hinge brackets fixing screws!

Mike
01-03-2008, 22:30
Like you say.... theres nothing in the manual. But there is one bizarre comment in there!

"we do not recommend operating this unit while driving an automobile"

:lolsign:

But the brochure does say it can be used upright!

DAVEDWACK
02-03-2008, 00:13
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd214/DAVEDWACK/IMG_0005.jpg

There you are then..there's 1 screw hole at the top centre and a further 2 above the bottom 2 feet, so it does look as though it's some kind of accessory I need.

Vinyl Grinder
02-03-2008, 11:04
Either way you don't have the bracket.I recon it's the inlets above the front feet & the holes at the back between the hinge bracket mounting screws!

DAVEDWACK
02-03-2008, 13:25
Somebody has informed me that in fact the 3 holes with threads are for transport bolts...makes sense!

No I don't have the brackets.....how perceptive.:lol:

If I can't locate any then perhaps a wall shelf it may be? I'm just not too happy trying to fix to a studded plaster board wall, hence the reason for wanting to hang it vertically....a bit like the tele in fact!

Vinyl Grinder
02-03-2008, 22:50
Just chuck it in the bin anyway Dave cos it's shite :lolsign:

Don't fight it.