PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid question the first

Tarzan
26-09-2013, 08:14
Just read an interview on a amplifier that stated " it is a little dry in the bass"- what does this mean exactly?:scratch:

Clive197
26-09-2013, 08:15
Just read an interview on a amplifier that stated " it is a little dry in the bass"- what does this mean exactly?:scratch:

DOH!

Reffc
26-09-2013, 08:25

...that it must have been out of the water for a long time? (think about it....)

YNWaN
26-09-2013, 08:48
I would say it suggests that the bass lacks a bit of tonal character - a little like an electronic drum and less like the real thing.

Audio Al
26-09-2013, 12:37
Just read an interview on a amplifier

Thats novel , How so you interview a amplifier :scratch:

Tarzan
26-09-2013, 14:42
Thats novel , How so you interview a amplifier :scratch:

T'was a Talk Electronics amplifier:booty:-not a PHONO amp either:ner:

pjdowns
26-09-2013, 20:04
T'was a Talk Electronics amplifier:booty:-not a PHONO amp either:ner:

Talk Electronics generally make good stuff. I nearly bought one of their CD players but ended up going down the Naim route instead. Personally I thought the CD player sounded good but didn't quite have the edge for the price.

sparrow
27-09-2013, 14:46
Two more stoopid questions...what are caps..in hi fi not hats..and what are mono blocks?? never knew what they were..

YNWaN
27-09-2013, 15:38
Caps is short for capacitors - the electronic component.

Mono blocks means two mono power amplifiers (instead of one stereo).

trio leo
28-09-2013, 11:29
Hi Tarzan,
I have Mono-blocs, apparently some amplifiers that have both channels in one box can suffer from what is known as cross talk, information from the left or right channel getting mixed up with the other side.
I dare say this is greatly reduced or doesn't happen in most quality amps.

I like Mono-blocs for the reason they are dedicated left and right channel with independent power supplies and it gives an option to try short interconnects and long speaker cables or the other way round if you wish.

enjoy your music

regards Al