PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: NVA LS1 speaker cables

worrasf
24-09-2013, 10:49
Looking for 2 off 3m runs

Steve

Ali Tait
24-09-2013, 11:10
I have a 3m pair of LS 3 if that's any good?

worrasf
24-09-2013, 11:24
Hi Ali.

TBH I don't know the sonic difference between LS1 & LS3 cables.:doh: I read that the LS1 is 7 strand and the LS3 14 strand.

I got a really good deal on a new AP10P from an AoS member. I posted elsewhere I was looking for a simple budget line-in only amp to partner my "relegated" BM 1 and Wadia 170 and Ruark Epilogues for my third and hence budget system.

Any info gratefully received.

Edit - I see the LS3 are sold as "high current" - my little AP10P will be pretty "low current" so maybe the LS3's are overkill in this system?

Steve

DSJR
24-09-2013, 12:02
I suspect you'd be quite safe in the meantime with some generic 79 strand, but obviously their own wires should give the best and safest performance here... You know, I've been tempted to try this little one to see in purest form what the (positive) fuss is all about - a bit like the original Naim Nait often sounding better than many of its bigger brethren as long as it wasn't pushed!

Hope you enjoy it :)

worrasf
24-09-2013, 12:07
I suspect you'd be quite safe in the meantime with some generic 79 strand, but obviously their own wires should give the best and safest performance here... You know, I've been tempted to try this little one to see in purest form what the (positive) fuss is all about - a bit like the original Naim Nait often sounding better than many of its bigger brethren as long as it wasn't pushed!

Hope you enjoy it :)

You know I kinda felt a bit "dirty" for buying this so it's good to hear that your august self thinks it's worth a punt :o

It will be a little while before I get it all hooked up but if I'm allowed I'll post a comment and let you know how it sounds.

Reckon I'll also hang out for the pukka cables - going to get an NVA interconnect as well - not exactly expensive ;)

Steve

Ali Tait
24-09-2013, 12:11
Hi Ali.

TBH I don't know the sonic difference between LS1 & LS3 cables.:doh: I read that the LS1 is 7 strand and the LS3 14 strand.

I got a really good deal on a new AP10P from an AoS member. I posted elsewhere I was looking for a simple budget line-in only amp to partner my "relegated" BM 1 and Wadia 170 and Ruark Epilogues for my third and hence budget system.

Any info gratefully received.

Edit - I see the LS3 are sold as "high current" - my little AP10P will be pretty "low current" so maybe the LS3's are overkill in this system?

Steve

Not heard the LS1. The 3 is a good cable though.

worrasf
24-09-2013, 12:15
Not heard the LS1. The 3 is a good cable though.

PM sent

DSJR
24-09-2013, 12:23
You know I kinda felt a bit "dirty" for buying this so it's good to hear that your august self thinks it's worth a punt :o

It will be a little while before I get it all hooked up but if I'm allowed I'll post a comment and let you know how it sounds.

Reckon I'll also hang out for the pukka cables - going to get an NVA interconnect as well - not exactly expensive ;)

Steve

I have really nothing to lose or gain by my comments, as I'm not able to buy this make new and couldn't afford one of the bigger ones in any case. I kinda respect the bare-bones models though, since there's little to no added cr@p to mess up the balance. You're welcome to PM or email your thoughts.

The only comments on the interconnects is a possible concern over shielding on the 'twin/Super' versions. Not having tried these though, it may well be a non-issue. I got into trouble mentioning the MG cables in one of 'those' threads, but it was only to give the AOS reference at this price point with which to compare - I think you have tried these anyway!

Onwards and upwards :respect:

worrasf
24-09-2013, 14:04
Just bought a pair of NVA LS3's from Ali Tait - thanks.

Now looking for a pair of NVA sound cord (or variant) interconnects then I'm good to go.

Steve

worrasf
24-09-2013, 18:13
Thanks chaps now sorted for speaker cable and interconnect.

Steve