PDA

View Full Version : Post move, post hol sale: TT /arm, SUT/cartridge, speakers/stands, rack. valve radio

montesquieu
24-09-2013, 09:39
Decided to break up the second system I had put together for the new house as it’s all a bit tight … I think I need something more compact (and certainly no TT).

Audio Technica AT 1005 MkII tonearm with arm cable – this for my money is up there with the SME 3009 and is similar in many ways. Complete with all weights etc and working well. It’s currently in a large-ish plinth (with lid) alongside a Sugden Connoisseur belt drive motor unit. Overall a lovely vintage combination, makes very sweet music. Looking for £150 for the pair of them, given what the arms sell for the TT is effectively free. Note it’s fairly high mass arm so needs a lowish compliance cartridge eg Denon 103. (BTW – no headshell with this arm). Collection only.

‘Nude’ Denon 103 on threaded mounting plate – the weak point of the Denon 103 is the squishy plastic body which resonates and degrades the output. A really good solutions to this producing a big upgrade is to ‘nude’ the stylus and mount it on something stronger. The mounting plate is threaded also making mounting easier. Note that the very fine wires at the side can be easily damaged so take GREAT care when fitting into a headshell. I bough this on the forum for £80 + postage which was a stonking bargain, sold cheap as the mileage was unknown. I’ve looked under magnification and it seems fine to me with many many hours left, but in the spirit of the Wam it’s £80 + £7 RMSD..

K&K Audio step-up transformer, this uses Lundahl transformers which can be set up internally using jumpers for 16, 20 and 26db gain. Currently set up for 26db which is a perfect match in terms of gain and impedance for the Denon 103 I’m selling. These are over $300 retail from K&K in the states so you can easily count over $400 here (£260+). Selling for £150 + £7 RMSD.

Q Acoustics 2020i speakers, little wonder boxes, same magic as the 2010i but a bit more body and depth, in black. A couple of small marks but generally in lovely condition. Selling with the Black Atacama stands I bought for them for £125 altogether. Collection only.

4-shelf Atacama Equinox hifi rack, in black with black shelving, consisting of a base unit and two 120mm upper sections. £75 collected (collection only)

Saalburg East German valve radio, 4 waveband, Long, Medium & Short wave and FM. Gorgeous sycamore (blond) wood from the 1960s with magic eye and a 6in oval greencone-type speaker. Has been serviced recently by a noted valve radio enthusiast. Reception sadly isn’t as good in the new place as we are in a dip between two hills. £60.

Pics to follow.

montesquieu
24-09-2013, 12:42
AT 1005 MkII arm and Sugden TT sold.

KC Jones
30-09-2013, 20:53
Hello Tom
If you still have the Denon 103? I would like to purchase it from you.
PM also sent
Thanks.

montesquieu
01-10-2013, 12:12
Denon and SUT are sold, sorry.

KC Jones
01-10-2013, 20:24
Ok thanks.