PDA

View Full Version : Director information

Marco
18-09-2013, 16:28
Guys,

I had an altercation with a parking enforcement company today, and would like to find out the name of the current director/owner of the company. What's the best way of finding out this information?

The company concerned go under the name of Care Parking, website here: http://www.careparking.co.uk/

However, the registered details for the company and head office are:

ANCHOR SECURITY SERVICES LIMITED
THE STEAM MILL BUSINESS CENTRE
STEAM MILL STREET
CHESTER
CHESHIRE
CH3 5AN

Company No. 02548101

If anyone could help I'd be much obliged! :)

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 16:52
Marco,

Go to Companies House website, type in the co. number and then click on the order more information and you get a list of forms they have submitted, including directors appointed and resigned.

Adrian Powell has resigned as a director and LORRAINE HILES changed particulars 12/10/2009. You will need to order the latest Annual Return (AR01) to get names and addresses of current directors / secretary.

Lawrence

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 17:00
Marco, P.S. it looks like you can order the Current Appointments Report for free, but you need to register first.

L.

Marco
18-09-2013, 17:00
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for that - much obliged. What about ordering the 'Company Record Report', for £1, instead, listed here:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1

Would that give me the required info? All I want is the current director's name. The rest is irrelevant.

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 17:02
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for that - much obliged. What about ordering the 'Company Record Report', for £1, instead, listed here:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1

Would that give me the required info? All I want is the current director's name. The rest is irrelevant.

Marco.

I'm about to PM you the information, if it comes through OK.

Marco
18-09-2013, 17:02
Marco, P.S. it looks like you can order the Current Appointments Report for free, but you need to register first.

L.

Ah, I wonder what the difference is between that and the 'Company Record Report'?

Marco.

Marco
18-09-2013, 17:05
I'm about to PM you the information, if it comes through OK.

Nice one, dude. I'll let you know when it comes through :)

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 17:06
Not sure, but it includes the names and addresses and DOB of the directors and secretary. Will email it (PM sent).

Marco
18-09-2013, 17:11
Got it, Lawrence - many thanks for that, mate! :cool:

Marco.

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 17:24
Marco, were they trying to give you a ticket for parking in a privately owned car park?

Marco
18-09-2013, 17:33
Hi Ali,

Yup (well, I think it was privately owned), but they were definitely trying to give me a ticket, and when I argued my case, got VERY aggressive. You want to have heard the threats of physical abuse and invective hurled in my direction!! :eek:

They were basically thugs in uniforms, clearly trained in how to intimidate people. Two 'bruiser-type' blokes. Luckily, I'm not easily intimidated ;)

However, I'm going to write the strongest letter of complaint to the two listed company directors, which will be sent by Special Delivery to both their home addresses. They won't like what I'll be telling them, I can assure you!! :trust:

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 17:42
Hi Ali,

Yup (well, I think it was privately owned), but they were definitely trying to give me a ticket, and when I argued my case, got VERY aggressive. You want to have heard the threats of physical abuse and invective hurled in my direction!! :eek:

There were basically thugs in uniforms, clearly trained in how to intimidate people. Two 'bruiser-type' blokes. Luckily, I'm not easily intimidated ;)

However, I'm going to write the strongest letter of complaint to the two listed company directors, which will be sent by Special Delivery to both their home addresses. They won't like what I'll be telling them, I can assure you!! :trust:

Marco.

Marco,

If they threatened you with physical assault then I would copy the letter to the Police. Send it to the Force's HQ in the region in which they operate. If they have "history" then you never know, it might achieve something :)

Lawrence

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 17:45
Hi Ali,

They were basically thugs in uniforms, clearly trained in how to intimidate people. Two 'bruiser-type' blokes. Luckily, I'm not easily intimidated ;)

Marco.

This will be useful if they still try to give you a ticket-

http://www.appealnow.com/private/

I doubt the directors will care, they are probably as thuggish as the two you met. I agree with Lawrence, take it to the police.

Marco
18-09-2013, 18:06
Interesting link, Ali. Thanks for that!

Regarding the letters, you may be right, however it'll be rather cathartic telling them, in no uncertain terms (and trust me, I'm good at this) exactly what I think of the scum that they're employing! I might even do it in person, by knocking their door, as both directors listed at Companies House live pretty local to me ;)

Marco.

Marco
18-09-2013, 18:07
Marco,

If they threatened you with physical assault then I would copy the letter to the Police. Send it to the Force's HQ in the region in which they operate. If they have "history" then you never know, it might achieve something :)

Lawrence

Good point, Lawrence. I'll definitely do that :)

Someone has to fight back against these tossers!

Marco.

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 18:08
Aye no worries. My other half got an unjustified ticket earlier this year, it was a relief knowing we didn't have to worry about it.

Marco
18-09-2013, 18:10
What happened, mate - did you just leave it and not bother paying?

Marco.

Marco
18-09-2013, 18:58
Presuming that they are not ex-directory, what's the best way of obtaining their telephone numbers?

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 19:13
What happened, mate - did you just leave it and not bother paying?

Marco.

Yup, just followed the advice on the site. Got a few letters but not heard anything for ages now.

Wakefield Turntables
18-09-2013, 19:24
Marco,

Send me there email addresses and I may be able to help

A

Marco
18-09-2013, 19:26
Yup, just followed the advice on the site. Got a few letters but not heard anything for ages now.

Interesting. Did you get threatened with bailiffs?

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 19:28
Presuming that they are not ex-directory, what's the best way of obtaining their telephone numbers?

{info removed}

Harper is not listed.

L.

Marco
18-09-2013, 19:31
Marco,

Send me there email addresses and I may be able to help

A

Thanks, Andrew, but I don't have their email addresses, just the info I've already posted. Out of curiosity, what good would email addresses do, in terms of finding out their phone numbers? :)

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
18-09-2013, 19:35
you could also try and get hold of a copy of uk info disk or try searcing the electoral roll.

Wakefield Turntables
18-09-2013, 19:35
I'm not discussing this here! PM sent.

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 19:36
Interesting. Did you get threatened with bailiffs?

Marco.

They get some third rate solicitor to send letters in an attempt to scare you into paying, but it's all just hot air.

Marco
18-09-2013, 19:39
Nice one, Lawrence. Interesting that LORRAINE Hiles is named as the director, and it's an 'A' Hiles listed at the home address. I suspect that the 'A' possibly belongs to her husband/partner.

Regardless, I'll find out when I call! ;)

Marco.

Marco
18-09-2013, 19:41
They get some third rate solicitor to send letters in an attempt to scare you into paying, but it's all just hot air.

Noted. I presume you just replied to the solicitor along the lines of what was recommended in the link you posted?

Marco.

losenotaminute
18-09-2013, 19:48
Nice one, Lawrence. Interesting that LORRAINE Hiles is named as the director, and it's an 'A' Hiles listed at the home address. I suspect that the 'A' possibly belongs to her husband/partner.

Regardless, I'll find out when I call! ;)

Marco.

That would be my guess also. Good luck, these kind of people don't usually respond to reason. Having said that, they might not realise that their employees are threatening people. Slim chance I know, but worth getting their side of the story before going off the deep end.

Lawrence

Ali Tait
18-09-2013, 19:57
Noted. I presume you just replied to the solicitor along the lines of what was recommended in the link you posted?

Marco.

No, didn't reply at all. They are not going to take you to court for a few pounds, and in any case, from what is said on the site, they don't have any legal standing anyway.

Marco
18-09-2013, 20:08
Having said that, they might not realise that their employees are threatening people. Slim chance I know, but worth getting their side of the story before going off the deep end.

Yup, and that's exactly the angle I'll be using... If she doesn't respond well, and the only joy I get out of the call is from having been an 'awkward nuisance', then that will at least give me some satisfaction! :eyebrows:

Still, it shows how easy it is to track someone down these days, if you try ;)

Marco.

Marco
18-09-2013, 20:12
No, didn't reply at all. They are not going to take you to court for a few pounds, and in any case, from what is said on the site, they don't have any legal standing anyway.

Yup, there's no way I'll be paying!! :nono:

However, now that they've pissed me off, I intend to have some fun......

Marco.

DaveK
18-09-2013, 20:23
Marco,
Does your household or business insurance cover 'free' legal advice? Many do these days. In a similar position to you a few years ago (parked in the local Sainsbury's car park) my first reaction was to seek that advice. In short I was told what I could and couldn't do and what I should and shouldn't do. As a result of that I had a lot of fun with them about why I would not be paying any fine or penalty. It went on for a month or two before they accepted the message - little guy wins!! - result!! :lol: .
Dave.

Marco
18-09-2013, 20:29
Marco,
Does your household or business insurance cover 'free' legal advice?

Yes... Good idea! More ammo.

In a similar position to you a few years ago (parked in the local Sainsbury's car park) my first reaction was to seek that advice. In short I was told what I could and couldn't do and what I should and shouldn't do. As a result of that I had a lot of fun with them about why I would not be paying any fine or penalty. It went on for a month or two before they accepted the message - little guy wins!! - result!! :lol: .

Hehehehe... I always like it when that happens. It sends out a message of: 'Get it RIGHT up ye!', as they say in Glasgow :exactly: :D

Marco.