PDA

View Full Version : FS or swap Mission 752 speakers

The Outcast
15-09-2013, 21:56
S O L DMission 752 speakers for sale. Great working order. Easy load for valve amps. fair condition. Sun bleached top on one of them. Offers. Will swap for SS amp. Inca Tech Claymore or early Exposure. Open to suggestion.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/5240/emdm.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img9/8395/wtw2.jpg

southall-1998
16-09-2013, 08:27
Good speakers.

The Outcast
16-09-2013, 11:08
Yer, slightly shabby, nowt that can't be put right. Sound flippin great with valves.
Good speakers.

southall-1998
16-09-2013, 11:09
Yer, slightly shanny, nowt that can't be put right. Sound flippin great with valves.

Indeed, they sounded lovely with an Audio Innovations Series 500 when I had mines!!

Puffin
16-09-2013, 13:35
How much are they?

The Outcast
16-09-2013, 13:39
£280 sovs OVNO
How much are they?

Audioman
16-09-2013, 14:51
£280 sovs OVNO

The going rate for a mint 752 is around £150. Those should be worth less.

Neff
16-09-2013, 15:22
The going rate for a mint 752 is around £150. Those should be worth less.

Agreed, a wildly optimistic price.

I was going to have a punt on these but at £280 you'll struggle to get a buyer at that price & especially in the condition that they are in.

Good luck on this one.

The Outcast
16-09-2013, 21:41
Thank you for your advice gentlemen. Just sold em for £280 and shipping. Na na na na na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, a wildly optimistic price.

I was going to have a punt on these but at £280 you'll struggle to get a buyer at that price & especially in the condition that they are in.

Good luck on this one.

southall-1998
16-09-2013, 21:42
Thank you for your advice gentlemen. Just sold em for £280 and shipping. Na na na na na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Virkon
16-09-2013, 22:02
I guess it's not what any item has sold for in the past but what one is willing to pay at the time to meet their needs and what is available. Well done Outcast I'm sure the buyer is happy.

The Grand Wazoo
16-09-2013, 22:21
Oft overlooked fact no. 365436676643668:
Previous internet selling prices only reflect who was in the game on the day and what was available on the day.

Oft overlooked fact no. 56957:
Today is a different day.

Neff
17-09-2013, 06:24
Well done, the buyer was obviously more concerned on wants than condition, personally I think he has overpaid but the end result is that your happy & he is happy.

Audioman
17-09-2013, 08:41
Hesketh. I assume this was an Ebay purchaser? Damage, No Grills or boxes ? You didn't say. Lucky you found someone who had an instant need to click a mouse and lack of knowledge. They originally sold for £550 so £280 makes no sense. If you are patient and knowledgeable there are bargains out there but patience is required. There is a mintish complete pair of the original (and better) 752 on Ebay (dealer) for similar money. Of course as in this case there are always things that go for inexplicably high amounts.

synsei
17-09-2013, 09:31
Oft overlooked fact no. 365436676643668:
Previous internet selling prices only reflect who was in the game on the day and what was available on the day.

Oft overlooked fact no. 56957:
Today is a different day.

That is so true Chris. The week before I sold my mint pair of Mission 773e's in Beech veneer, two pairs of 773e's, one pair in black vinyl finish and t'other in that ghastly faux mahogany sold for over one hundred and forty quid. Neither pair were in tip top condition. I put my pair on ebay that Sunday and they realised the heady sum of £48 the following Sunday. I was gutted. All three pairs were pick up only and to add insult to injury, the black vinyl pair were located in Totnes, Devon, not a location conducive to local pickup.

Audioman
17-09-2013, 09:41
That is so true Chris. The week before I sold my mint pair of Mission 773e's in Beech veneer, two pairs of 773e's, one pair in black vinyl finish and t'other in that ghastly faux mahogany sold for over one hundred and forty quid. Neither pair were in tip top condition. I put my pair on ebay that Sunday and they realised the heady sum of £48 the following Sunday. I was gutted. All three pairs were pick up only and to add insult to injury, the black vinyl pair were located in Totnes, Devon, not a location conducive to local pickup.

This often happens when a seller puts a 'realistic' start price and then gets only one or two bidders. This is great if you are buying of course. On the other hand a high BIN price usually deters buyers.

synsei
17-09-2013, 09:47
I started my pair at 30 quid Paul, the other two pairs were 99p starts. Perhaps the 30 quid start price deterred people from bidding. I'm an experienced ebay seller now but at the time the Missions were only my second sale and my first that was of a decent size and for pick up only.

mad-moon
17-09-2013, 09:52
If anyone is after a pair of these 752's you could look here... http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/mission-752-freedom-floorstanding-speakers/1031328254#photo-content

mad-moon
17-09-2013, 09:56
Or these 783's mint with boxes...http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/mission-783-floor-standing-speakers-in-rosewood-in-excellent-condition/1032344018#photo-content

The Outcast
17-09-2013, 09:59
Er actually, they did have grills! I had boxes from an old pair of tallisman's that suited perfectly and the stain didn't bother the guy at all as the rest of the speakers were in such good nick. They sounded brill with his AA S500 amp. So we were both happy. Jobs a gudden!

Hesketh. I assume this was an Ebay purchaser? Damage, No Grills or boxes ? You didn't say. Lucky you found someone who had an instant need to click a mouse and lack of knowledge. They originally sold for £550 so £280 makes no sense. If you are patient and knowledgeable there are bargains out there but patience is required. There is a mintish complete pair of the original (and better) 752 on Ebay (dealer) for similar money. Of course as in this case there are always things that go for inexplicably high amounts.

synsei
17-09-2013, 10:09
The stain could probably be easily sorted by a light sanding and the application of some Danish Oil to be honest ;)

RobbieGong
17-09-2013, 21:07

Not accurate to be honest. In your opinion maybe. I've had both and much prefered the revised Freedom as is here. Mission made changes to address the things people didnt like about the original 752 mainly a very steely waspish treble from the metal dome tweeter used. I found it very bright and very treble dominant but not a bad speaker hence I reverted back to the Freedoms which I love. Where the original has a more out of the box sound and the other characteristics I've mentioned I'd describe the Freedom as having a more in the box sound in comparison and may sound slightly closed in in some set-ups but not in mine. Mission definately set out to make it more balanced and less bright than it's predecessor thats for sure - I think they did a great job personally. The treble from the silk dome tweeter is lovely and they both share the regarded Audax mid driver which whilst it doesnt best deliver the very deepest bass frequencies, has a nice punchy bass - It's strengths are gorgeous mids and great imaging. Non fatiguing like some so called better speakers and very musical. A bargain for what they can be picked up for (paid a mere £150 for mine mint about 4 years ago). You'd have to spend a good deal more to genuinely upgrade, (I've tried, I sold my 752 Freedoms to fund purchase of B&W CM7's when they first arrived at £1029. Although not bad, they were quickly sold in spanking new order at a fair loss and replaced with another pair of the 752 Freedom's - the ones I have now, they just didnt move me the way my beloved Freedoms do) ;) :)