PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Restek Challenger integrated amplifier

weetabix
15-09-2013, 12:20
German handbuilt High-End Integrated Amplifier in very good condition and full working order.

If you're looking for a high-end integrated amplifier capable of driving difficult speakers and sounding powerful and authoratitive, this amplifier is for you.

Hi-end Hifi, Handbuilt in Kassel Germany by Restek, (formerly Thorens-Restek) the dual mono design of the Restek Challenger provides generous current delivery.

The sonic performance is gutsy with great authority & grip whilst maintaining a neutral and vibrant character.

The amplifier chassis is stunningly made from solid aluminium, built to last with a solid face-plate housing dedicated illuminated input and record selections.

I have used it with B&W Nautilus 802's purely as a power amplifier, with no issues.

Can be used as a Pre-amp (Pre Out) and Power-Amp (Main In)

Screw type speaker binding posts, which can accept bare wire, banana plugs or spades.

Specifications:

8 Line inputs (no Phono Stage) and 1 Tape loop
130W/8Ohm load 190W/4Ohm load
Frequency range 2 - 150kHz -3dB
Distortion 0.01% (at 100W into 8Ohm)
Damping Factor 250 (8Ohm at 1kHz)
Weight 15kg

There is no original carton, so collection from Littlehampton (South Coast - West Sussex) only I'm afraid.

300.00 Cash on collection.

Thanks for looking. :-)

Stephen

weetabix
04-10-2013, 13:02
Good news, I've located its carton. Still cash on collection though, I'd not want it to get damaged in transit.

Alternatively, can meet within 20 miles of Littlehampton for £20.00 towards petrol.

regards

Stephen

hoopsontoast
04-10-2013, 14:16
Brilliant amp, drove my Magnepan MMGs with ease!

weetabix
14-10-2013, 17:53
Now Sold. Thank you.

anubisgrau
18-10-2013, 20:07
great amp - one the best SS i know. someone got a bargain. absolute killer for tannoys, unless you're a toob guy you don't need anything better.