PDA

View Full Version : It pays to be a little cheeky - or "haggle, haggle, haggle".

Barry
06-09-2013, 17:30
Just been 'invited' to renew my house and contents insurance. The new premium quoted is 19% more than the previous premium!

I phoned up the insurance company (naming no names) and asked why. They could offer no reasonable answer or explanation. So I told them I was not willing to renew at the new quoted premium, and if they wanted to retain my custom we would have to negociate. Within about two minutes they came back with a figure that was less than the previous premium! Job done! :)

Insurance companies - do they think we are all stupid?

Canetoad
06-09-2013, 18:15
Makes it all too obvious as to why they put it up in the first place doesn't it? :steam:

WOStantonCS100
06-09-2013, 18:19
Just been 'invited' to renew my house and contents insurance. The new premium quoted is 19% more than the previous premium!

I phoned up the insurance company (naming no names) and asked why. They could offer no reasonable answer or explanation. So I told them I was not willing to renew at the new quoted premium, and if they wanted to retain my custom we would have to negociate. Within about two minutes they came back with a figure that was less than the previous premium! Job done! :)

Insurance companies - do they think we are all stupid?

Yes, they do think we are all stupid; at the least, too preoccupied to be arsed about putting up a fuss. Largely, they are correct. We're on our 4th? insurance company. And, unless we get a premium that doesn't piss me off, we'll be on to the 5th. It's a game of numbers to them (the business side of any business)... ...one that I couldn't be arsed to play. Good on you for breaking their balls. Bravo!