PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - I May Be Selling My Beloved Audio Note Oto SE Line Amp

Ninanina
04-09-2013, 19:20
I am not certain about selling this amp but if there is enough interest then I may well do so

My Audio Note Oto SE Line Integrated amp is in pretty much mint condition

I have the original box and packaging and a photocopy of instructions (such as they are!!)

I would be looking for £1,100 or very near offer on this

Let me know if you would be interested

Ninanina
04-09-2013, 21:51
If you could get hold of one the Oto 'SE' is now approximately £2,400 new

Can I just point out that there was one of these amps for sale on ebay, by a dealer who I won't mention, priced at £1,650 and it was described as "Special Edition", the 'SE' does NOT stand for Special Edition it stands for "Single Ended" (as apposed to Push Pull, PP)

Thought I'd clear that up just in case anyone thought that one was something 'special', it wasn't, it's exactly the model I am selling for £500 odd less!

There IS a 'Signature' version but that's loads of money more.... :D:D

lordmortlock
05-09-2013, 07:25
Thats not totally accurate NN ... the Oto SE special that you refer to on Ebay was silver wired, with Jensen and black gate caps. It used to be my one a couple of owners ago and I miss it! How old is your unit please?

Ninanina
05-09-2013, 17:40
Hi Jake
Thanks for the update, but I was going on what was/is available from Audio Note

Unfortunately I have no idea how old my Oto is, I am the second owner and have had it about 8 years. It really is in super condition though

My one is certainly newer than the one currently on eBay as the lettering on mine is more up to date

julesd68
05-09-2013, 19:41
Audio Note are a helpful bunch in my experience - if you email them a serial number they should be able to confirm the age of the amp for you very quickly ...

Good luck with the sale!

chelsea
05-09-2013, 19:55
Is the se with built in phono?

Ninanina
05-09-2013, 20:01
Hi Stu
No my Oto is line only

Bev

chelsea
05-09-2013, 20:10
Ok thanks.

lordmortlock
06-09-2013, 07:14
Hi Jake. Thanks for the update, but I was going on what was/is available from Audio Note ... Unfortunately I have no idea how old my Oto is

It was a special order I think. There might be a handwritten date on the the back of your unit, previous AN kit I've owned have often had this.

The Black Adder
06-09-2013, 08:06
Peter at Audionote dated my OTO with the serial number. Give him a call Nina.

I had the PP OTO which was superb. What are you going for next?