PDA

View Full Version : LAT DI-30 Signature

kalozois100
10-05-2009, 15:48
hi folks.
Well today a friend of mine popped round with his newly burn't in LAT-30 Signature 0.9meter coaxial cable. Here it is.

http://www.latinternational.com/index.php/product/di-30%20signature.html

Quite frankly I was left gobsmacked after hearing it perform in my set up. An unbelievable airy detailed warm sound with amazing definition in all aspects. the instruments=real, vocals=real, feeling of music=real. real,real, real. Even With the cheap sony transport dvd player i use the sound was vastly improved. however hooking up the lap top using asio4all and foobar the music was astonishing. I say music because its the first time i believe i have heard it in the true subjective sense in my own home. The markgrant belden one is very good for the price but this plays digital music in a different league, the first(belden) being in a respectable second division football league but the second(LAT) being in the top 10 of the first division. i gather the soundpipe is amazing too but i have not heard that one so cannot do a comparison. He bought the LAT DI-30 Signiture for 90 pounds plus shipping.
All I can say is that I want one !!!!!!!!!!:eyebrows:

kalozois100
12-05-2009, 13:05
Hi there all,
I just ordered a LAT DI-30 0.75m coaxial interconnect from the below site:eyebrows:

http://www.audusa.com/digital.htm

They post abroad too for about 6 pounds(more for speaker cable) but i think its free postage within u.k.

I really loved this digi interconnect :kiss:

Peter Stockwell
12-05-2009, 13:55
I was as gobsmacked as you appear to be, but with Mark Grant digital coax and at a silly low price :)

kalozois100
12-05-2009, 16:39
I was as gobsmacked as you appear to be, but with Mark Grant digital coax and at a silly low price :)

That really is interesting. I was too very impressed with the mark grant digi coax too however listening with this LAT cryo treated cable put the sound of my music into a greater level of insight. I don't know perhaps I had better synergy with the LAT. Who knows??
Peter, Have you heard the LAT DI-30 signiture?
I not sure from your post if you have heard the LAT one but preferred the markgrant one instead. for the price its the best value i have heard too but not the best musically like the LAT IMHO .( DIsclaimer! the author accepts no responsibility in any way anyone getting a LAT cable and it not performing as it does in my audio set up!!:ner:)
When i get the LAT its going to be used in the main lounge set up and I'll use the markgrant one in the pc audio set up in the office.
My friend that first bought the LAT is also trying to get a good price on Lat stereo interconnects and the good news for me is that i have a guinnea pig that lets me try out his new cables in my audio set up.
i guess this is the conumdrum in the realms of audio - just when you you think you have arrived at a place you can perhaps stay there someone comes along with something as simple as a cable and turns you audio world upside all over again:lol:
Its taught me a very important lesson in how very critical a digital cable can be in the performance of a music system.

Peter Stockwell
14-05-2009, 15:05
Looks like you made the right comparison ;) I thought the Mark Grant a definite step over the Beresford Optical and the flashback Coax. I'm not sure if I'm ready to experiment more with cables between SB3 & Dac just yet, I have other issues to correct with my system (see signature).

kalozois100
14-05-2009, 16:04
Looks like you made the right comparison ;) I thought the Mark Grant a definite step over the Beresford Optical and the flashback Coax. I'm not sure if I'm ready to experiment more with cables between SB3 & Dac just yet, I have other issues to correct with my system (see signature).

I would definately try and get someone to perform the mod 21 part 1 and 2 on the TC-7510. I even found using black gate capacitrs in the mods made a vast improvement in music playback.

Peter Stockwell
15-05-2009, 06:55
If I do anything with the 7510 it'll be to move up to a 7520, I can't be arsed to bodge (tm: Mick Parry) it. In anycase, although for most part it's the most often used source, I don't consider it my most enjoyable, that would be the SL1210.

Gazjam
16-05-2009, 15:02
Ive found Coax digi cables make a difference.

I used the Belden 1649a (from Mark Grant) to great effect for a long time.
Only changed it for NVA Super Sound Pipe Digi cable, which I found to be a good improvement. More air, more natural sounding, less "glassy"

I'd be happy with the Belden, its just that I got the NVA as a trade for a Squeezebox PSU!

kalozois100
16-05-2009, 17:22
Hi Gazjam,

More air, more natural sounding, less "glassy"

Thats exactly how i would describe the LAT cable compared to the beldon one. If i hadn't heard the LAT one I too would have been happy with the beldon. However for 80 euro with this LAT cable and my speakers completely disappear and the music is so very natural and enjoyable.

Covenant
16-05-2009, 17:50
An interesting thread because, up to now, I had always thought that there was very little difference between digital interconnects. Although I use NVA Sound Pipe cables from dac to amp I just use a cheap Gotham digital cable from SB3 to dac so maybe an upgrade is on the cards.

kalozois100
16-05-2009, 18:55
An interesting thread because, up to now, I had always thought that there was very little difference between digital interconnects. Although I use NVA Sound Pipe cables from dac to amp I just use a cheap Gotham digital cable from SB3 to dac so maybe an upgrade is on the cards.

I have come to the theory that the digital interconnect is as important as the stylus/arm is to a turntable.( My advice from now on is get the best digi cable you can afford and not the stereo interconnects or at least make the digi cable the top priority). I don't think its that weird a comparison as the digi cable transfers the vital signal to the external dac thats going to convert to analogue. So yeah Covenant at least try another digital interconnect for the sb3 if you can. If your happy with the sound pipe go for that one as it seems to do the same as the LAT from what Gazjam describes in the thread above. I think Audusa does a money back guarantee if you don't like it but its something i don't intend to do. My friend said the digi cable needed 24 hrs burn in to sound its best and become stable. On the net some say as much as 60 hrs. I should recieve my LAT DI-30 by next wednesday/thursday:eyebrows:

Gazjam
16-05-2009, 20:18

I'm using the NVA Sound Cords, wonder how these would fair against the dearer Sound Pipes..?
You compared them at all Cov??

Try using a coupl eof normal interconnects if you get bored one afternoon Cov....
See what you think about the different sounds etc..

If your interested, I've a spare Belden 1649a Co-ax (The Mark Grant kind) you can have, just cover the postage.
PM if your interested Mate.

Covenant
16-05-2009, 21:13
The Sound Pipes are excellent Gaz-tried a few interconnects before I settled on them including the Gothams which I thought produced flabby bass in my system. They were flavour of the month for a while but I didnt get on with them. Not tried the Sound Cords but everyone speaks highly of them so probably not a lot in it.
Thanks for the Belden offer-I will PM you tomorrow after the vino has worn off.:cool: