PDA

View Full Version : Marantz CD63 Special Edition (CD63SE) £35 collected, £50 delivered

Ripley's Cat
02-09-2013, 09:32
Good morning all,

Pretty much as the thread title states. A working Marantz CD63 Special Edition (CD63SE) in un-modified, stock form - ripe for tweaking and all other manner of jiggery-pokery - £35 collected from Lincolnshire or £50 delivered to mainland U.K.

Has sat in the preset (and past) attic for a good number of years as a back-up machine, so fired her up this morning with a moment of trepidation. All good though (phew!) - listening to Crowded House's 'Woodface' as I type, although I suspect it might be worth me mentioning that (and bearing in mind internet coverage on the subject), the CDM12 laser mech doesn't have the biggest fan-base/following and that this particular model is almost twenty years old . . .

Still, working all fine and dandy at the moment . . . . ( '. . .take the weather with you . . . ')

Includes a Marantz remote although research suggests it isn't the original remote for this model; it commands all features I can think of, including the useful variable output/volume (also happens to adjust the headphone socket volume as well).

Overall condition is good, although I would rate the top panel as 'average'; I've tried to disguise a number of fine scratches with a car bodywork pen - they can't really be seen on a rack, but it's worth a mention.

No rush on this one, so I'll give it a couple of days to fend for itself before it heads over to the 'Bay . . .

Peace,
Matt

istari_knight
02-09-2013, 11:11
Good price for a good player :thumbsup:

Ripley's Cat
02-09-2013, 18:53
Thanks, James.

Yep - my 'other' CD63 has provided sterling service in my dining room system for a number of years. The CD63 has been accused of being a bit bright and brash, but I find none of that with my Nait 5. Likewise, the A&R A60 I had it paired with for a number of years also sounded delightful.

Still - this one should provide a fine starting point for someone else.

Matt

mad-moon
02-09-2013, 20:01
amazed it is still here at this price...this is some player

Gordon Steadman
02-09-2013, 20:13
Indeed, I have been using one whilst my main player is fettled and its a very good sounding machine in my system. At that price, it seems a steal.

johnB
02-09-2013, 20:37
Matt, I'll take it. I've sent you a Private Message about this.
Regards
John

Ripley's Cat
02-09-2013, 21:26
Sweet!

Glad I'm hitting the right spot re. price.

Sent you a message back, John re. my location.

Over and out for the night.

Speak soon,

Matt

Ripley's Cat
04-09-2013, 05:41
NOW SOLD & PAYMENT RECEIVED

Thanks, John - the Marantz will be in the post tomorrow.
I'll p.m. you the tracking number (It'll be sent via Parcelforce 48) to confirm it's posting.

Many thanks,

Matt