PDA

View Full Version : Inspire Conversions

Haselsh1
01-09-2013, 15:03
You know, by the end of December or maybe into January I shall be in a position to invest in a new turntable and was thinking about an Inspire Hi-Fi Linn Basik conversion fitted with an Origin Live tonearm or else a brand new Rega P6. Whatever I do I shall be fitting my old and well trusted Ortofon OM30 which is soon to be kitted out with an OM40 stylus. Has anyone any thoughts on my future plans...? Does anyone know anything about the Inspire conversions...? I would love to hear from you.

Rare Bird
01-09-2013, 15:05
Hi Shaun
Well i don't know anything about them but those Goldring/Lenco 'GL75' TT they do look nice enough

Clive197
01-09-2013, 15:30
You know, by the end of December or maybe into January I shall be in a position to invest in a new turntable and was thinking about an Inspire Hi-Fi Linn Basik conversion fitted with an Origin Live tonearm or else a brand new Rega P6. Whatever I do I shall be fitting my old and well trusted Ortofon OM30 which is soon to be kitted out with an OM40 stylus. Has anyone any thoughts on my future plans...? Does anyone know anything about the Inspire conversions...? I would love to hear from you.

Hi Shaun, I bought my SL1210M5G with the OL Silver arm from Inspire. Robert at Inspire was very helpful but I was not convinced of his ability to set up an arm properly, when I got the deck and arm home I had to completely reset the arm and cartridge. I am very happy with my TT now and have fettled it a little further with mat and feet.
Origin Live have been very helpful on the 2 phone calls I have made to them with a couple of minor issues.

Audioman
01-09-2013, 15:37
Hi Shaun
Well i don't know anything about them but those Goldring/Lenco 'GL75' TT they do look nice enough

They sound really good based on their room at Whittlebury last year. Super finish which I doubt can be achieved with a home mod. Rather pricey though.

Johnnie7
05-09-2013, 08:37
Bobs got some brand new products on show this year !! ,..that will be on demo at the whittlebury show end of this month :)

Haselsh1
05-09-2013, 09:12
Hi Shaun, I bought my SL1210M5G with the OL Silver arm from Inspire. Robert at Inspire was very helpful but I was not convinced of his ability to set up an arm properly, when I got the deck and arm home I had to completely reset the arm and cartridge. I am very happy with my TT now and have fettled it a little further with mat and feet.
Origin Live have been very helpful on the 2 phone calls I have made to them with a couple of minor issues.

Yes Clive, I was thinking about an Inspire Linn Basik converted deck kitted out with an Origin Live Silver tonearm to which I would fit my Ortofon OM40. I quite like the plinth they do for the Linn Basik's and years ago when I owned a Linn Basik loved the sound of the stock turntable.

Haselsh1
05-09-2013, 09:13
Yes Clive, I was thinking about an Inspire Linn Basik converted deck kitted out with an Origin Live Silver tonearm to which I would fit my Ortofon OM40. I quite like the plinth they do for the Linn Basik's and years ago when I owned a Linn Basik loved the sound of the stock turntable.

I am not sure how this would measure up to a brand new Rega P6 though.

vacdac
05-09-2013, 14:41
Double post,:)

vacdac
05-09-2013, 14:43
Hi Shaun,

I came across this on Divine Audio's site t'other day & it looks ter be an intriguing proposition>>>http://media.divineaudio.co.uk/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/t/tt-setup-and-ready-to-go.jpg.http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/analogueworks-turntable-one-special-offer.

Nothing outrageous here then, a solid deck with a highish mass 6.7kg machined 6082 Aluminium alloy platter & the rest of t' engineering dna seems decent with what looks ter be a nice quality bearing being specced & an attractive looking solid birch ply plinth.

Divine have 'em on @ £599 BNIB which is £200 less than list, which looks ter be cracking value if this is as good as the spec suggests it might be. They're currently on their hols & have a 10% off offer for any goods ordered before they return on the 9th(Mon).......Lol I'm not suggesting anyone buy one of these blind....just a useful little nugget for anyone needing to buy any Hi-Fi sundries/carts etc. However for anyone local to Divine & thinking of buying a nooo deck + arm at up to a grand I'd be wanting to hear one of these if I wuz in t' same shoes.

Anyhoo here's t' blurb>>>

We wanted to build the most enjoyable turntable we could for the lowest cost possible whilst still having every part of the deck built in Great Britain. One of the main design concepts was to make this turntable simple to use with minimal set-up allowing you maximum enjoyment from the music.

We knew we were on to something when we compared the first 'mule' against our favourite and not so favourite turntables. This deck started to sing from the outset. After many further hours of listening, drinking ale, and a fair amount of coffee we continually made improvements with differing power supplies, plinth and platter materials. This has culminated in what we believe to be one of the best turntables in the world!
TONEARM NOT INCLUDED
Specifications

Drive
Belt Drive

Speeds
33.33 and 45.11 RPM

Platter Mass
6.7Kg of 6082 Aluminium Alloy

Bearing
Phosphor Bronze Sleeve with Hardened and Polished Roller. Polished Silver Steel Shaft with Precision Ground Nipple.

Plinth
4.0Kg of Birch Ply

Suspension
Suspension feet can be fitted.

Motor
Premotec 110/250v AC fed via a black box designed by a very clever man who is famous for doing this kind of stuff!

Dimensions
460mm x 360mm x 120mm

Net Weight
12.0Kg

Shipping Weight
14.0Kg

Packaging
680mm x 510mm x 260mm

Damn it won't let me edit 'too' in the title.....wut a numpty:doh: