PDA

View Full Version : Would you change these?

Stubies
30-08-2013, 10:46
Hi!

I just recieved the K20 Linn speaker cables, here are the current terminations. They are soldered, and solid, but looking a bit old.

Would you replace them? or just sandpaper them a bit?

Thanks!
Stu

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/stuarttill/K20linntermations2.jpg

Rare Bird
30-08-2013, 10:56
I don't believe in soldering banana's however they look worth lobbbing in the bin.

I use LOK Rhodium plugs, best plugs ive ever bought

Gordon Steadman
30-08-2013, 10:59
They do look a bit cheap and nasty. I would change them, if only for appearances sake.

kenworthy100
30-08-2013, 11:00
I don't especially like the Deltron type Banana plug, if it were me I would replace them.

istari_knight
30-08-2013, 11:05
They look alright to me... Just put some heatshrink over the cable up to the thread. I prefer using Z-Plugs myself but its not the end of the world.

loo
30-08-2013, 11:42
They look fine just clean with any polish and rub hard don't use sandpaper ,
Or replace them with some fancy jobs and report any impovement in performance, could be interesting:)

DSJR
30-08-2013, 12:13
They're silver plated, so may just need a very careful clean.

The less said about the godawful k20 cables the better - they seem to sap all the life out of the music and I don't know why, unless the insulation is having some sort of an effect - ugh!!!

Stubies
30-08-2013, 12:20
Oh dear, really?

Im using them because the amp is an Exposure, and low impedance cable is 'required'.

They're silver plated, so may just need a very careful clean.

The less said about the godawful k20 cables the better - they seem to sap all the life out of the music and I don't know why, unless the insulation is having some sort of an effect - ugh!!!

Alan
30-08-2013, 14:10
There's quite a choice of suitable, decent speaker wires out there for fussy amplifiers, TQ, NVA, Exposure, Cable talk 3, Avondale Blacklink, Naim whatever, probably Mark Grant as well...

I think Avondale Blacklink is as good as almost anything TBH, and is very good value. It's also thin and unobtrusive.