PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - High Power T Amp

RobsterD
27-08-2013, 19:43
before I spend some money on the Temple Audio Monos any for sale here ?
Will also consider the Topping TP60 or HLLY Tamp-9
Cheers
Rob

Ninanina
27-08-2013, 20:02
Hi Rob
If it's any help I have the Bantam Gold on a 60 day trial/return thingy... :)

I have to say I am mighty impressed with the Gold

You have nothing to loose by getting one in for the 60 day trial

I did have a Topping T amp, can't remember what model, but the volume pot went faulty, and getting repaired from Chinese/Hong Kong supplier is tricky.. so I would suggest getting a UK amp like Temple... they are really very good...

Hope this helps

Bev

rusty bearing
27-08-2013, 21:40
It were a TP30 Bev. Aside from the volume pot fault (which was easily fixed in the end) it's a crackin' little amp which sits nicely in my small office PC based system:)

Ninanina
28-08-2013, 00:06
It were a TP30 Bev. Aside from the volume pot fault (which was easily fixed in the end) it's a crackin' little amp which sits nicely in my small office PC based system:)

Hiya Mike.... thanks so much for letting me/us know that the volume pot was easily fixed and YES i thought it was a super little amp.. not quite enough power to drive my LS 3/5a's at the time but probably would now be super with my Heresy's

I'm sooo glad that you are enjoying the T amp though

But I would STILL recommend the Temple Bantam Gold amp, it gives 25w per channel which should be good enough for most speakers and I can only say that it is about 95% of my Audio Note Oto SE

It's quite an amazing little thing really

Hope this helps some :):)

Tarzan
28-08-2013, 07:09
Hiya Mike.... thanks so much for letting me/us know that the volume pot was easily fixed and YES i thought it was a super little amp.. not quite enough power to drive my LS 3/5a's at the time but probably would now be super with my Heresy's

I'm sooo glad that you are enjoying the T amp though

But I would STILL recommend the Temple Bantam Gold amp, it gives 25w per channel which should be good enough for most speakers and I can only say that it is about 95% of my Audio Note Oto SE

It's quite an amazing little thing really

Hope this helps some :):)

Wow! That is some statement there Bev!

Ali Tait
28-08-2013, 07:17
These amps are rather good, and the bargain of the century at the price IMHO.

Tarzan
28-08-2013, 08:15
As good as the fabled Mini-T from a couple of years ago?

Clive
28-08-2013, 08:20
As good as the fabled Mini-T from a couple of years ago?
The BG is a little darker sounding than the Mini-T or the Mini-T is a little brighter sounding.....it all depends on the rest of your system as to which view you'll have. Another way to look at it is that the BG is more sophisticated whereas the Mini-T was more fun. Which suits you and you system can only be determined by trying them both.

Tarzan
28-08-2013, 12:16
The BG is a little darker sounding than the Mini-T or the Mini-T is a little brighter sounding.....it all depends on the rest of your system as to which view you'll have. Another way to look at it is that the BG is more sophisticated whereas the Mini-T was more fun. Which suits you and you system can only be determined by trying them both.

Praise indeed., love my Mini-T, which reminds l should try it on my Audionote ANJ's really, but l am rocking out to Space Ritual at the moment.:gig:

Tarzan
28-08-2013, 12:17
Then l have to finish my chores.....

Ali Tait
28-08-2013, 12:39
I found the Gold to be quite a bit better than the Mini T, to my ears has a less toppy sound with a better mid and soundstaging.

John
28-08-2013, 16:44
I had both prefer the Gold with the extra gain setting its a lot more fun than the Mini T too

RobsterD
28-08-2013, 17:05
thanks guys and gals.
The amps will just be driving some 15" bass drivers in my horns up to 180-220Hz
Currently using some Ming Da 805's ,think it's either push pull or a T amp ,two scratches I need to itch !

Ali Tait
28-08-2013, 17:15
The Gold does very good bass.

John
28-08-2013, 17:17
what the sensitivity of the speakers I not heard the Bantam power amps but might be the way to go I use a separate amp to power my bass drivers is it possible to consider a active approach to this