PDA

View Full Version : Long lost boat

Haselsh1
20-08-2013, 19:23
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab240/Haselsh1/HowdensBoat2013ImageNo2_zps720a1b24.jpg (http://s867.photobucket.com/user/Haselsh1/media/HowdensBoat2013ImageNo2_zps720a1b24.jpg.html)

LONG LOST BOAT, LINCOLNSHIRE, 20th AUGUST 2013, 13:00

A shot taken here after a very long walk across a salt marsh in Lincolnshire on a very hot day. If I got one thing from this days photography it was a good set of aching bones. The shot was taken using a Pentax 645 with its standard lens and Kodak T-Max 100 film processed using FX39 developer.

synsei
20-08-2013, 19:27
A beautiful photo as always Shaun, lovely work ;)

Haselsh1
20-08-2013, 19:30
As an aside to the main theme of this thread; I recently (this year) bought a pair of KEF Q500 loudspeakers but already, one of them has had to make a trip back to the dealer from whence they came because one of the bass units has developed a fault. In steps my dearest old friend Steve Roberts who has lent me his treasured Mission 700's and original Mission stands. These are now up and running in my system until my KEF's are back as they should be.

The Mission's sound surprisingly good with quite a nice midrange and treble but not maybe the overall clarity of the Q500's. I find this very surprising for a thirty year old pair of loudspeakers.

Haselsh1
20-08-2013, 19:31
A beautiful photo as always Shaun, lovely work ;)

Many thanks Dave. I appreciate your comments as always.

Audio Al
20-08-2013, 20:36
Shaun

Is it me or have you used a very narrow point of focus

As the remains of the hull are the main focal point would it be better in focus ?

Haselsh1
21-08-2013, 12:27
Shaun

Is it me or have you used a very narrow point of focus

As the remains of the hull are the main focal point would it be better in focus ?

Very good point and very observant.

I chose to seriously limit the depth of field to give the photograph and 'old World' look and as old images from the early 1900's tended to have this look, I thought I would mimic it. I also give my photographs a warmish brown hue as when I started in photography in the late 1960's all of the highest quality photographic papers were of the chlorobromide type and so had a warm brown tone to them. I grew up with that type of image and I have no wish to change just for the sake of it. Your points though are very valid.