PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Cornwall III

southall-1998
18-08-2013, 19:42
How much do these big boys retail for in the UK?

I certainly wouldn't mind hearing a pair someday !!!

Are there some members on this site that own the Cornwall III? I'm aware '''Bev''' on here owns a pair of Heresy III !!

DSJR
18-08-2013, 19:56
I'm not being negative, honestly, but Klipsch as a brand haven't had a large presence in the UK since I first heard them in the late 70's. You could contact the current distributor to see if any are here, but getting a dem of a pair may be difficult.

Good luck :)

Andrew B
18-08-2013, 20:22
Why not have a crack at building your own, Shane? There's a whole world of Klipsch DIYers out there. There's a really interesting design out there for a hybrid Cornwall/La Scala called Cornscala. Google it and you'll find loads of links, sources and plans.

I've never heard or seen the Cornwall, but I have promised myself some La Scalas once I have a big enough room. DSJR is right though: Klipsch never really took off here, so it's hard to source the bigger ones.

Whilst it won't give you anything like the full experience, there are some great YouTube vids of both La Scalas and Cornwalls in action.

I really like this one, which I've played many times:

http://youtu.be/ezBUud1UYWs

southall-1998
18-08-2013, 21:29
Why not have a crack at building your own, Shane? There's a whole world of Klipsch DIYers out there. There's a really interesting design out there for a hybrid Cornwall/La Scala called Cornscala. Google it and you'll find loads of links, sources and plans.

I've never heard or seen the Cornwall, but I have promised myself some La Scalas once I have a big enough room. DSJR is right though: Klipsch never really took off here, so it's hard to source the bigger ones.

Whilst it won't give you anything like the full experience, there are some great YouTube vids of both La Scalas and Cornwalls in action.

I really like this one, which I've played many times:

http://youtu.be/ezBUud1UYWs

Yup, seen that youtube clip before. The lucky bastard certainly has a nice system for sure!!