PDA

View Full Version : The big clearout starts today-First up,Spendor BC1 + original stands

Wilbur
08-08-2013, 22:35
Hi Folks
House is bursting at the seams,so its time to part with a lot of the goodies ive collected over the last 20 or so years.
In the next few months,ill be parting with mainly Speakers,Reel to Reel(all Revox) and other things that I just dont need(or have space for)
First up is a pair of Spendor BC1's and original stands.
I would describe these as 8/10,but im quite critical.The woodwork is very good,with a couple of marks here and there as can be expected.The grilles are quite rare,as they are not saggy,and look quite uniform in colour,unlike a lot I have seen.There are a couple of small rips,which will in all fairness probably stick down with fabric glue and be almost invisible,but they do not detract from the overall condition,and are not prominent.
They sound as good as the day I bought them.
These speakers are only for sale as I also have a pair of "cosmetically challenged" BC1's,as well as a Lovely pair of BC2's.
I have photo's of one of the speakers,only one,because I do not posses a good camera,and got a friend to take some pictures for me.
The pictures are from all angles,and I also took one of inside the speaker itself,the first time it had been opened since the factory by the look of it,the foam was really clean,free from dust and nicotine smells.
The photos are at the following link,I hope.Computers are not my strong point..

tinyurl.com/spendorBC1 (http://imgur.com/a/CeiS4#0)

Please take a look,at what I think are honest representations of the pair.
I very rarely sell any of my hi-fi,but needs must.The only other thing ive sold here is a pair of Quad ESL63's,which went upto Glasgow with WeeTeeCee(Tony) who was delighted with them.
They are a matching pair,with the original Spendor stands.

I am looking for around £600 for these lovely sounding speakers,but will listen to reasonable,SENSIBLE offers
Please PM me with any questions etc

Happy Listening
Paul

The Grand Wazoo
08-08-2013, 22:43
I've sorted your link out Paul.
Good luck with the sale, they're lovely speakers.

Wilbur
08-08-2013, 22:46
Thanks Chris :)

Tim
08-08-2013, 22:50
Oooo, look at those . . . proper speakers :)

Wilbur
08-08-2013, 22:53
You know you want them........:)

Tim
08-08-2013, 22:59
You know you want them........:)
Don't need them Paul I have my final destination speakers already, which will be with me till I croak ;)

Wilbur
08-08-2013, 23:04
Most of us are still looking!Well done!!

Wilbur
14-08-2013, 13:14
Le Bump.....

wee tee cee
27-08-2013, 15:02
The 63s you sold me have brought great pleasure.....If I didn't have SP1s I would have them in a heartbeat..........best of luck with the sale!!!
(did you get away with bringing the big Kefs home?)

Wilbur
27-08-2013, 23:31
Good to hear they fit the bill,Tony!
Just about managed the 105/3's.....a little eye rolling but apart from that..
Regards
Paul

Wilbur
31-08-2013, 18:45
Weekend bump
Open to sensible offers.....May be able to deliver in person (just cover the diesel)

Wilbur
03-09-2013, 21:19
Bump-now down to £500 ono

wee tee cee
05-09-2013, 08:30
Just had a look at the pictures Paul, they are cracking!!!!! The original stands are what I have with the SP1s the castors are fantastic for tucking them away when not in use. I hope they find a good home, most people probably don't realise just how good Spendors sound......have a bump on me.

Wilbur
02-10-2013, 05:19
Cant believe ive not had a sniff on these....:scratch:

wee tee cee
02-10-2013, 22:02
Paul,
If I can sell my croft 7 power amp I will take them for a monkey unless of course ye fancy a bit of horse trading!

Wilbur
05-10-2013, 11:37
Hi Tony
Sorry,havent been on for a few days.
Id really prefer the cash,ive been off work since begining of July with depression,and moneys a bit tight at the minute,although the croft would be tempting,and much easier to "stash" :)

Wilbur
07-11-2013, 21:48
Hi Folks
House is bursting at the seams,so its time to part with a lot of the goodies ive collected over the last 20 or so years.
In the next few months,ill be parting with mainly Speakers,Reel to Reel(all Revox) and other things that I just dont need(or have space for)
First up is a pair of Spendor BC1's and original stands.
I would describe these as 8/10,but im quite critical.The woodwork is very good,with a couple of marks here and there as can be expected.The grilles are quite rare,as they are not saggy,and look quite uniform in colour,unlike a lot I have seen.There are a couple of small rips,which will in all fairness probably stick down with fabric glue and be almost invisible,but they do not detract from the overall condition,and are not prominent.
They sound as good as the day I bought them.
These speakers are only for sale as I also have a pair of "cosmetically challenged" BC1's,as well as a Lovely pair of BC2's.
I have photo's of one of the speakers,only one,because I do not posses a good camera,and got a friend to take some pictures for me.
The pictures are from all angles,and I also took one of inside the speaker itself,the first time it had been opened since the factory by the look of it,the foam was really clean,free from dust and nicotine smells.
The photos are at the following link,I hope.Computers are not my strong point..

tinyurl.com/spendorBC1 (http://imgur.com/a/CeiS4#0)

Please take a look,at what I think are honest representations of the pair.
I very rarely sell any of my hi-fi,but needs must.The only other thing ive sold here is a pair of Quad ESL63's,which went upto Glasgow with WeeTeeCee(Tony) who was delighted with them.
They are a matching pair,with the original Spendor stands.

I am looking for around £600 for these lovely sounding speakers,but will listen to reasonable,SENSIBLE offers
Please PM me with any questions etc

Happy Listening
Paul

Bumpity bump

Wilbur
07-11-2013, 21:52
Open to offers,sensible ones you bunch of daftee's!!

Wilbur
18-12-2013, 15:08
Bumpage,come on chaps/chapettes
Ill even chuck in some nice-ish cable.