PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing system upgrade for a fiver!

RichB
31-07-2013, 17:32
Hi,

For the last few days I've been using this amazing product on two of the most important components in my system. It only cost a fiver and is available on every high street. Highs are sparklier, bass is deeper and the overall presence of my system has improved. I can't recommend it highly enough and would encourage all aos members to give it a go before spending any money on other upgrades.

http://www.otexear.com

This may sound like a p**stake but it isn't, I did have a problem in my right ear and everything I have said above is true.

A must for every audiophile's medicine cupboard I reckon.

pjdowns
31-07-2013, 17:45
Very interesting Ric,

Which did you buy? the Ear Drops, Express Ear Drops or the Express Combi Pack?

P.

Oldpinkman
31-07-2013, 17:48
F***** brilliant. All too true I fear too :lolsign:

User211
31-07-2013, 17:49
Yeah this is the first earwax remover I have ever used THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! Been into it for a while now.

Think your ears need syringing? Try this stuff first and "hear" your earwax bubble away.

RichB
31-07-2013, 17:55
Just the drops, but I rinse em out with warm water afterwards...

I've come in from work tonight and sat down with the system and it just seemed better after using these... Cotton buds are the enemy now.

Clothears
31-07-2013, 18:34
Cotton buds are the enemy now.

Always have been, should never go anywhere near your ears.

Oldpinkman
31-07-2013, 18:44
Always have been, should never go anywhere near your ears.

A good friend from school - best man at my first wedding - who trained as a nurse, once told me "never put anything smaller than an elbow in your ear"

RichB
31-07-2013, 19:04
A good friend from school - best man at my first wedding - who trained as a nurse, once told me "never put anything smaller than an elbow in your ear"

Yep my problem came from the use of musicians earplugs. As a bass player I find myself stood next to drummers and the cymbals were going right through me so I started using ear plugs to control the tinnitus (inevitable after playing in bands so many years). These can cause wax to become compressed in the ear so this stuff is like magic.

Trumpton_Rioter
31-07-2013, 19:55
Hi,

For the last few days I've been using this amazing product on two of the most important components in my system. It only cost a fiver and is available on every high street. Highs are sparklier, bass is deeper and the overall presence of my system has improved. I can't recommend it highly enough and would encourage all aos members to give it a go before spending any money on other upgrades.

http://www.otexear.com

This may sound like a p**stake but it isn't, I did have a problem in my right ear and everything I have said above is true.

A must for every audiophile's medicine cupboard I reckon.

Think I will give this a go myself - thanks for the heads-up

Tony Moore
31-07-2013, 20:05
+1 on Otex. Great stuff. You tend to go deaf as a post while they're working though so only do one ear at a time! (Not that it's very practical doing both ears at the same time as you have to let the stuff sit in there by lying on one side)

I just had a go with it today and I can say that the results are astonishing. You just don't realise how much hearing impairment is down to wax.

The Black Adder
31-07-2013, 20:45
I tried a few drops in each speaker... WOW! :eyebrows:

walpurgis
31-07-2013, 21:16
I tried a few drops in each speaker... WOW! :eyebrows:

Works great on your records too. :)

pjdowns
31-07-2013, 21:26
hmm looks like I need to get me some of this wonder juice :)

synsei
31-07-2013, 21:40
Eh sonny, speak into the ear trumpet please ;)

RichB
31-07-2013, 21:48
Not recommended for wax cylinders though:)

pjdowns
31-07-2013, 21:54
Eh sonny, speak into the ear trumpet please ;)

:lol:

The Black Adder
31-07-2013, 22:16
EY?...

Yomanze
03-08-2013, 07:14
Great thread, and so true!

Yomanze
03-08-2013, 08:00
If this gets out in the open someone will be releasing quantum ear canal droplets soon.

MikeMusic
03-08-2013, 08:04
Ongoing maintenance is to tilt your head to let water in while having a shower and every now and again a drop of olive oil to soften anything in there
- advised by the nurse at our local practice as I was having my ear syringed a couple of years back

You wonder how the volume got turned up on the whole world after a syringing

MikeMusic
03-08-2013, 08:06
+1 on Otex. Great stuff. You tend to go deaf as a post while they're working though so only do one ear at a time! (Not that it's very practical doing both ears at the same time as you have to let the stuff sit in there by lying on one side)

I just had a go with it today and I can say that the results are astonishing. You just don't realise how much hearing impairment is down to wax.
Creeps up very slowly and then one day (muffle muffle) in one ear

User211
03-08-2013, 08:55
If you buy the kit with the rubber bulb thingy be VERY careful with it. You can send a blast of water down your ear with that so powerful... you catch my drift.

Even gentle use can make you feel dizzy.

My advice - don't use it.