PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sony PS-4750 direct drive turntable bargain

HighFidelityGuy
30-07-2013, 10:31
I purchased this on eBay in 2011 with the intention of cleaning it up and seeing how it sounded but other priorities took over and it's sat in a box ever since. So it's time to let it go to someone else who fancies resurrecting a lovely vintage turntable. I paid £165 and I'm just looking to get that back. I'd prefer collection from Sheffield but I would consider shipping at the buyers expense.
The unit is in reasonably good condition with a few marks here and there but should clean up pretty well. It comes complete with original acrylic cover (which has a fair few scratches), original arm, a headshell and a Sure M75ED Type2 cartridge (of unknown condition). It worked the last time I tried it but I think it has a minor speed stability issue that will need addressing. It probably just needs a few capacitors replacing and the switches and pots cleaning.

Here's some info on the unit: LINK (http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-PS-4750.html)

I'll try to post some photos in the next couple of days.

DSJR
30-07-2013, 12:25
I LIKED that deck at the time. The sticky pads worked a treat on a record as long as they were kept clean and the arm, although not the very best, tracked a Stanton 500EE with ease at 1.5g. I still have a cassette recording of Truth by Jeff beck I made on an Aiwa AD1800 from an LP played on one of these and it sounded great last I played it. Just take care with siting and isolation, as with all these medium mass decks :)

HighFidelityGuy
17-09-2013, 14:17
FLUMP