PDA

View Full Version : Thorens TD 160 AB

icehockeyboy
26-07-2013, 14:09
A friend has asked if I would help in selling this.
It's in what I would describe as VGC, complete with Shure M75 ED2.
It has the lid, but as is usual would benefit from a good clean, although there is a small piece of Perspex missing from where it rests on the clip fitted on the plinth, so it wont hold up on its own, although I always used to remove the lids on mine completely, but anyhow, it sits perfectly on the plinth when in the down position.
It has a record cleaning device on it too if that's important to you! :)

The arm holding clip has also disappeared.

Now, here's where I need your guidance as neither of us have a clue as to what is a fair price, and I think collection is the only option, from the East Midlands, Nottingham to be exact.

A mutually agreeable meet up for a bit of diesel is also an option.

So...........how should he be asking for it? :scratch:

Jeez, just looked on American eBay, they are fetching silly money!

chelsea
26-07-2013, 14:37
Have a look on eBay UK for a guide then maybe do it 20 pc cheaper

icehockeyboy
26-07-2013, 14:45
Good call Stu

There's one with a cheaper M55 cart that's at the mid £90's with still over two days to go.....

DSJR
26-07-2013, 14:52
Yeah, they're not sleepers any more - for a year or so they cost less than the earlier TD150's.

My advice is to get the arm-rest replaced before selling on ebay. Don't worry too much about the lid, as most of these (if early ones) have failed in some way by now. TP16 arms are being sold off almost as regularly as lenco L75's, despite the fact that the TP16 is more easily stripped out for re-wiring and is perfect for cheaper MC types, so you should be able to get spares I reckon.

At one time not long ago, I'd have said £75 for a 160AB, but I suppose £125 is a safe minimum now?

icehockeyboy
26-07-2013, 15:09
Sold to another friend!

Thanks for the advice guys. :)

DSJR
26-07-2013, 15:13
With a bit of careful tweaking and an arm re-wire (exit wires plus separate earthing lead at least), your pal will have a good little deck there. Wish the plinth on mine is in better nick, I can't think about using it in the main system until that at least is sorted..