PDA

View Full Version : Samsung PC studio problems

Graeme
23-07-2013, 12:55
Im a novice with puters so wondered if anyone can help.

I cant post hifi pics untill i sort this out LOL.

For photo's we use my wifes samsung smart phone, dont know the model number.
We used samsung pc studio to upload the pics to the PC but it stopped working.
PCS opens but them automaticaly closes again.

Ive done numerous scans on the computer and we have no PC issues.
Ive removed PCS a few times now and downloaded it again and re-installed the software but the result is always the same.

Could it be an issue with the phone?

Any other software we can try?

Im clueless about this, just want to be able to post pics of my technics build.

Thanks.

Audioman
23-07-2013, 13:57
I have an older Samsung phone (not a smartphone) and have had no problems. Could be a connection issue? Have you tried opening PC Studio from the desktop icon ? You will get a selection of options. Open Phone Explorer. All this should work without the phone connected. When you connect phone selecting 'Myphones' should access the files. If this does not work suggest trying a different USB slot on your computer. (I am using PC Studio 3.) Also check for software updates.

Paul.

Graeme
23-07-2013, 15:12
It does the same thing if you open it from the desktop without the phone connected, just closes again.
Tried swapping usb ports and as said, have downloaded the new version from samsung a few times now.

Audioman
23-07-2013, 18:04
Make sure you uninstall the problem version then install the current version from net or provided with the phone. Also check compatibility with your version of windows or whatever OS you are using.

Graeme
23-07-2013, 18:54
Yep, thats what ive been doing.

The software that was only the computer had worked fine for ages. Then one afternoon, no more than 5 hours since using the program previously, it started doing what its doing now.

Audioman
24-07-2013, 15:33
Suggestions - right click and select 'run as administrator'.
If problem recent and assuming you are running Vista or later use 'System Restore' back to a date when prog last ran properly.
This could be a registry corruption, likely a dll file.
If you have to uninstall again need to check if anything is left including registry entries (an uninstaller prog would be useful for clearing problem files left behind).

Paul.

Graeme
27-07-2013, 20:17
Looks like whatever i try, we can no longer link the phone to the PC, unless maybe we re-install windows.

But, just realised we can move the pics to memory card and then put them on the puter.

Cant believe it took me so long to realise :lol: