PDA

View Full Version : Luke chapter 2 verse 10

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 08:41
Oh Yes, yes, yes :) Major result.

Usual discussion with Owen, with me trying to inject a bit more urgency into it (ie "so when are you going to design a proper power amp?)

Owen " I could fix the power amp boards on my Integral if you like, bi-pass the faulty logic control board, and wire it as a power amp only if you like. Would you like to borrow it then until I can find time to work on this project?

Can a fish swim?

Is the pope catholic?

Come on - ask me a proper question

Seems I'm a lucky lucky bastard too. :cool:

StanleyB
20-07-2013, 08:45
Can a fish swim?

Is the pope catholic?

1. I have never asked Michael if he can swim. But he sure knows how to sound calm in the face of an impending storm.

2. The Coptic Pope isn't catholic.

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 08:48
:lol:

Firebottle
20-07-2013, 08:49
Result
:santa: come early.

AlanS
20-07-2013, 09:15
Oh Yes, yes, yes :) Major result.

Usual discussion with Owen, with me trying to inject a bit more urgency into it (ie "so when are you going to design a proper power amp?)

Owen " I could fix the power amp boards on my Integral if you like, bi-pass the faulty logic control board, and wire it as a power amp only if you like. Would you like to borrow it then until I can find time to work on this project?

Can a fish swim?

Is the pope catholic?

Come on - ask me a proper question

Seems I'm a lucky lucky bastard too. :cool:

As I haven't clue what you are on about perhaps just ignore you?

YNWaN
20-07-2013, 09:47
You certainly have a knack for creating obscurely/strangely titled threads.

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 09:52
And I am vain enough to think everyone hung on my every word. For those who haven't

I borrowed a Pink Triangle integral from Arthur at Funk Firm. It is an integrated amp - I am just using the power amp stage. It was designed by my friend Owen Jones, who also designed Pink Triangles Pip and Pip 2 amplifiers. I haven't listened to every amplifier on the planet, but I have never heard a better phono stage than Pip 2. And I can't remember hearing a power amp as good as the Integral (and for the bottle boys, at the time of Pip in the factory we had Audio Research SP8 and SP10 and Krell power amps among the usual kit, Quad, Naim, Meridian at the factory).

12 Integrals were made. One is owned by another forum member. One is owned by Owen, 3 are owned by Arthur. Only one currently works - the one in my living room. They were due to retail for £4000 in 2003 but never really launched.

Having borrowed one, I was really reluctant to go back to my old Quad - even though Owen has been working on it, getting the noise floor down to 100db, and removing the electrolytics from the signal path. I have been chatting to Owen about producing a "last statement" power amp - for him and I to have in our systems - and he has been warming up to the idea. Until he gets round to it, he has agreed to mend one of the broken Integrals - power amp stage only, and lend it to me.

Luke 2:10 "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people" :)

StanleyB
20-07-2013, 09:56
Luke 2:10 "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people" :)
There are atheists and many non-Christians on AoS. So don't expect many to be familiar with the notion of good tidings and great joy ;).

Gordon Steadman
20-07-2013, 09:58
But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

What's this ALL the people then?? Why should they get good stuff too??

The Grand Wazoo
20-07-2013, 09:59
No, they don't get stuff - they just get the joy that someone else got the stuff.
Angels are tight gits in my experience.

Gordon Steadman
20-07-2013, 10:00
There are atheists and many non-Christians on AoS. So don't expect many to be familiar with the notion of good tidings and great joy ;).

I'm an atheist and non-christian but I read a lot and know the bible well from the mis-spent days of my youth. No excuse for iggerence:)

AlanS
20-07-2013, 10:02
Sorry but I really did not wish to know about all that. I guess it's your blog

synsei
20-07-2013, 10:09
Then why comment at all Alan? Sheesh!!! :hmm:

AlanS
20-07-2013, 10:45
Then why comment at all Alan? Sheesh!!! :hmm:

Because I originally queried what his obsure OP was about, got a reply and I don't exist to conform to your opinions. But if thats how you wish to live forum life I can try to remember to post about you rather than your subject. Do you see yourself as some form of forum police?

synsei
20-07-2013, 10:55
You asked the question and then nonchalantly dismissed Richards reply, now where I come from that is just plain rude. Seemingly you delight in pulling such stunts Alan. If you think I am in the wrong then go ahead and report me, otherwise try being polite for once in your life.

AlanS
20-07-2013, 11:03
You asked the question and then nonchalantly dismissed Richards reply, now where I come from that is just plain rude. Seemingly you delight in pulling such stunts Alan. If you think I am in the wrong then go ahead and report me, otherwise try being polite for once in your life.

Are you my personal tracker? I can be really rude to those who try to tell me what to do. But in your case you are on my virtual ignore list. Have a nice day

walpurgis
20-07-2013, 11:07
Wow!

StanleyB
20-07-2013, 11:20
Wow!
Heat stroke more like it.

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 11:27
No, they don't get stuff - they just get the joy that someone else got the stuff.
Angels are tight gits in my experience.

Bang on Chris. I get the Integral - everyone else gets to hear the Good News. Now officially known as the Gospel according to Richard :)

The Grand Wazoo
20-07-2013, 11:28
I'd think that's probably enough of that now chaps, if you don't mind.
The thread was supposed to be about an amplifier, I think.

synsei
20-07-2013, 11:32
My apologies Chris. Sorry for crapping on your thread Richard ;)

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 11:37
My apologies Chris. Sorry for crapping on your thread Richard ;)

No worries Dave. It was just intended for a bit of light-hearted fun. This music stuff is supposed to be fun isn't it? And it was a PT tradition to be enigmatic. I am colossally arrogant, but don't mind at all if others want to ignore my ramblings and read something else. Where does the name Synsei come from? And what happened to the Japanese totty on your avatar?

synsei
20-07-2013, 11:41
Years ago I used to play an MMORPG called Anarchy Online and Synsei was one of my main characters in the game. It doesn't mean anything at all, I made it up :)

The totty is the main character from the film Cloud Atlas, she may re-emerge at some point ;)

StanleyB
20-07-2013, 11:49
Where does the name Synsei come from? And what happened to the Japanese totty on your avatar?
The original handle Sensei was reserved by me ;).

synsei
20-07-2013, 11:52
Funny you should say that Stan, I derived it from Sensei because there was already a character with that name in the game :)

StanleyB
20-07-2013, 11:59
The original Japanese translation means person born before another. So that would tie up :eyebrows:.

synsei
20-07-2013, 12:06
Well, there ya go :D

At the time there were hundreds of thousands of people playing Anarchy Online from all over the world so it was quite a challenge to pick a name without having to tack numbers on the end (not my cup of tea). I derived a certain amount of pleasure out of thinking up reasonably original names for my characters :)

Oldpinkman
20-07-2013, 12:16
I thought sensei meant "teacher". It did in my dojo :)

Barry
20-07-2013, 12:17
The original Japanese translation means person born before another. So that would tie up :eyebrows:.

Sensei (先生) is a Japanese word that is literally translated as "person born before another". In general usage, it is used, with proper form, after a person's name, and means "teacher", and the word is used as a title to refer to or address teachers, professors, professionals such as lawyers, CPA and doctors, politicians, clergymen, and other figures of authority. The word is also used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill: accomplished puppeteers, novelists, musicians, and artists for example are addressed in this way.

Perhaps the appellation should be applied to those who have mastered the art of DAC design?

Firebottle
20-07-2013, 12:45
..or amplifier design ;)

Fits with the thread :eyebrows:

Spectral Morn
20-07-2013, 14:04

Equally there are those that do and are ;)

Regards Neil

Haselsh1
20-07-2013, 14:17
I must have awoken in a strange land full of weird chatter and oddness.

AlanS
20-07-2013, 14:23
Equally there are those that do and are ;)

Regards Neil

Nice to see some balance to the posts