PDA

View Full Version : It's a goodbye from me for the last time..

Rare Bird
18-07-2013, 23:14
At last ive found another place i can happy be at home posting which gets me away from here. Ive gotten increasingly board with this place. I'm presently engrossed with my new posting place & see no return to here in the near future. So i'll not babble on any longer as i really can't wait to sign off for the last time.

To be expected i'm sure there will be the usual: 'You've said this before', 'Just for Attention, he'll be back, take a break & come back when you feel you need to', 'You don't realise how many people like you' & all that crap, i can assure you your wrang.

Good bye.

Audioman
18-07-2013, 23:23
Could it possibly be a prog forum Andre ?

southall-1998
18-07-2013, 23:26
Troll !!

Audioman
18-07-2013, 23:36
Troll !!

Perhaps it's comments like this that have driven Andre (and others) elsewhere. If it gets dull here there are plenty other places I go of interest and can always return when things get interesting again.

walpurgis
18-07-2013, 23:38
I like Andr'e.

synsei
18-07-2013, 23:38
You gotta do what you gotta do André, you know the door will always be open for you should you feel the need. Good luck and best wishes ;)

southall-1998
18-07-2013, 23:50
Member since 2008 and 15,557 posts and no longer likes this place. Odd, but up to him at the end of the day. But I find this thread a little silly IMO !!

John
19-07-2013, 05:11
The doors always open Andre.
I am glad you found some place you feel you belong and wish you the best with this

Oldpinkman
19-07-2013, 07:13
Well, at least you can teach them how to set anti-skate properly :)

StanleyB
19-07-2013, 07:23
Heatstroke I reckon. Down to my last bottle of Corona myself and the fan has already been running for over an hour now.

Wakefield Turntables
19-07-2013, 07:36
Bye then. For now......

MCRU
19-07-2013, 08:50
Heatstroke I reckon. Down to my last bottle of Corona myself and the fan has already been running for over an hour now.

I always thought Corona was a girls drink :lol:

Prefer Stella myself :)

seoirse2002
19-07-2013, 09:05
At last ive found another place i can happy be at home posting which gets me away from here. Ive gotten increasingly board with this place. I'm presently engrossed with my new posting place & see no return to here in the near future. So i'll not babble on any longer as i really can't wait to sign off for the last time.

To be expected i'm sure there will be the usual: 'You've said this before', 'Just for Attention, he'll be back, take a break & come back when you feel you need to', 'You don't realise how many people like you' & all that crap, i can assure you your wrang.

Good bye.

Thanks for your help in the past Andre...your knowledge was appreciated

Audio Al
19-07-2013, 09:09
I was going too say goodbye , no point now as Andre will not be back or reading this post

Somewhat disappointed with the " I am bored of this place now " comment , this place is all of us forum members :(

A mans got too do what a mans got too do ,

Andre is only one member , lots of other helpful and friendly members here ,

I like this place :)

Spectral Morn
19-07-2013, 09:19
It was an honour to have known you even if it was only a wee bit. AOS in my view will be a much poorer place if you never return and I for one hope you do.

Wherever you have gone Andre I hope you enjoy yourself :cool:

Regards Neil

Gordon Steadman
19-07-2013, 11:39
I was going too say goodbye , no point now as Andre will not be back or reading this post

Somewhat disappointed with the " I am bored of this place now " comment , this place is all of us forum members :(

A mans got too do what a mans got too do ,

Andre is only one member , lots of other helpful and friendly members here ,

I like this place :)

My wife is somewhat less buttoned up than I am and said that if anyone didn't want to be part of a forum any more, that's their lookout and doesn't the forum have one of those middle finger emoticons. Somewhat beyond my normal reactions I have to say but I understand the reaction.

I can understand if there are good reasons for leaving a forum. One other here and myself both left one because of the poor behaviour of others. To find us boring though, gets no sympathy from me. I wish him luck if he can find better out there but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I browse several audio forums and this is the one I come back to every time, even if old No Valves calls me an idiot for so doing:lol::ner:

Oldpinkman
19-07-2013, 12:32
Ditto Gordon.

And whilst I liked Andre, in our brief moment together, if you gotta go, you gotta go. I also find it character testing, since although I have accused you of right wing tendencies on speakers, and a certain flat-earth approach to all time perfected system, I am a little that way inclined by nature myself. And I could so easily adopt your good lady's approach to the fools I don't suffer gladly. So I'm really proud of my broad minded, tolerant and respectful start on this forum to date.

I am suffering a bit with the new toys, when it comes to my flat-earth state, but it will be a case of fiddle about for a while, decide which are the definitive best, take a JCB to the nearest cash machine and apply the front bucket judiciously, set up system and live happily ever after.

And still find interesting things to say without blowing my cover, with my accustomed modesty and humility. Nothing boring on this forum mateys. Wierd maybe, but boring no.

And I've even avoided being rude about Linn by name. Oh bugger - blown that now . Guess who's for the firing squad? :eek:

Andrew B
19-07-2013, 12:34
If I'd felt like leaving, I'd have just slipped away. Making it so public means it's hard to change your mind without losing face. Of course, that may have influenced Andre's actions because he wanted to make it harder to just slip back here.

Whatever the situation, I hope Andre finds what he's looking for, and if not, he can return without a fuss if he wishes.

DaveK
19-07-2013, 13:35
If I'd felt like leaving, I'd have just slipped away. Making it so public means it's hard to change your mind without losing face. Of course, that may have influenced Andre's actions because he wanted to make it harder to just slip back here.

Whatever the situation, I hope Andre finds what he's looking for, and if not, he can return without a fuss if he wishes.

My sentiments exactly. I have spent some time in Andre's company and very pleasant it was too but I think 'music' to Andre' only means Prog Rock which doesn't feature largely on this forum. Unlike many on here (no disrespect intended, this is a reflection on Andre' not on anyone else :) ) Andre' has many other things going on in his life (which he doesn't talk about much) so his time to dedicate to forums in general and music in particular is limited. My guess is that he's found somewhere more specifically focussed on his main musical interest.
Doubt if he'll read this but good luck to him, he thoroughly deserves a few breaks in life IMHO.
Dave..

Gordon Steadman
19-07-2013, 13:48
Andre' has many other things going on in his life (which he doesn't talk about much) so his time to dedicate to forums in general and music in particular is limited. My guess is that he's found somewhere more specifically focussed on his main musical interest.
Doubt if he'll read this but good luck to him, he thoroughly deserves a few breaks in life IMHO.
Dave..

Undoubtedly true. I think anyone reading his various posts would assume that he has some pressures and I felt some sympathy for him.

However, forum members come and go and whilst some individuals may be missed for a while, very few will leave a permanent mark or sadly, be missed very much by the majority.

I don't think it likely that there was a wailing and gnashing of teeth when I stopped posting to a particular woodworking forum, in spite of the fact that they ceased to be able avail themselves of my depth of knowledge / wisdom etc:eyebrows:

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

YNWaN
19-07-2013, 14:17
I'm afraid I can't see the point of this thread (and some of these posts read like a eulogy for the deceased); particularly, as others have already said, this is far from the first time.

pjdowns
19-07-2013, 15:06
I'm afraid I can't see the point of this thread (and some of these posts read like a eulogy for the deceased); particularly, as others have already said, this is far from the first time.

Here here, I also find it hard to understand the point. Hopefully the charming folk left on this forum will keep it going :)

chelsea
19-07-2013, 15:17
Well after 15,000+ posts things will get circular and boring.
Only so much you can talk about hi fi.

I prefer other sections on forums more than the 2 channel type ones.

YNWaN
19-07-2013, 16:38
Forums, like most things, are what you make of them. For me, I'm only really interested in the 2 channel stuff as I have sufficient outlet with with my friends for other aspects (to be honest, I probably have sufficient outlet even for the hi-fi aspect - I'm just greedy).

Macca
19-07-2013, 16:52
Newer members won't know but Andre has had more farewell tours than Status Quo.

He'll be back if noithing else he will miss my scintillating wit and charm...

RobbieGong
19-07-2013, 19:34
We're all either searching for something - or something more :rolleyes:

sparrow
19-07-2013, 19:44
I'll miss Andre loved his eclectic tastes and even his moans. Never understood why he never listened to any music after 74???Anyone enlighten?

Effem
19-07-2013, 19:57
I think he has gone to the far corner of a remote field to learn playing the bagpipes. This means two things to me; there is no wifi there so he can't tell us about it and I won't be able to hear the din :rolleyes:

Haselsh1
20-07-2013, 20:35
Farewell Andre, its all about Dopamine old pal.