PDA

View Full Version : How do I repair my Tube Amp?

hydrovac
17-07-2013, 06:36
Need help in fixing my Tube amp.

Hello everyone,

I really need help. A month ago my cayin MT12A tube amps power transformer failed and stopped functioning.

I tried contacting the manufacturer for support but there is no response. Does anyone have knowledge about these amps. Schematics or at least the transformers secondary voltages so that I can get it wounded.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Krishna

Firebottle
17-07-2013, 10:03
I have read that Cayin amplifier manuals include the circuit diagram.
Do you have the manual?

:cool:Alan

hydrovac
17-07-2013, 10:56
I have read that Cayin amplifier manuals include the circuit diagram.
Do you have the manual?

No Alan, I do not have any documentation pertaining to the amp.

hydrovac
18-07-2013, 05:29
No Alan, I do not have any documentation pertaining to the amp.

Here is the link to the product I am referring to. See if you can make out anything from that.
http://en.cayin.cn/product_view.asp?id=760

Firebottle
18-07-2013, 07:17
Hi Krishna,

Are you conversant with electronics and valve amplifier design/high voltage power supplies? If no I would recommend you find an experienced engineer to look it over for you.

If yes, what makes you think the transformer has failed? Do you have a test meter that you can check the primary and secondary voltages with?
If it turns out that the transformer has failed and you can't get a replacement from the manufacturers, there are many toroidal transformer manufacturers that could wind a custom transformer for you.
With experience it is possible to guesstimate the secondary voltages knowing the valves used and taking clues from the ratings of the power supply capacitors.

Of course it is a lot easier if you can get hold of a circuit :scratch: