PDA

View Full Version : RANK CONCEPT Valve Mono Power amps

take5
14-07-2013, 06:58
Selling as per the title.

They are German, and use a 6c33c valve.

They are in really great condition and work perfectly, with no issues. They look fantastic and sound even better than that !!

The only thing to mention is a ding on the back bottom left corner of the casing of one amp, where it has taken a slight bash. This was there when I bought them. Barely noticeable and not at all in use, unless you look from behind, closely. But needs mentioning. Apart from that, they would probably be rated "mint".

I have/include spare valves for everything.

I dont have a digital camera to post any pictures, but I bought them from Simon, who is a member here. He posted a picture of them in a thread once. Here is a link to that.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?1798-My-System-Pics&highlight=audio+origami+pu7

There are various other pictures of this pair floating around the Web, and I can link to those if needed, including one of the little damage that I mentioned.

Here is a link to the RANK Web page.

http://www.rank-concept.de/v20/RANKn1.html

The Premier 2 monos are the modern version of my CONCEPT monos, which I believe are approx 5 years old.

Here is a link to a dealer selling the modern version. They cost 8500 Euros.
http://www.dinew-hifi-system.de/prod...d_Trioden.html

These were approx £7000 new and Si valued them at £2500. I am asking £1800. I live in Lancs and collection/demo here is very welcome. So, selling for approx a quarter of the new price.

A buyer is very welcome here to hear them.

Posting these is out of the question. I dont have original boxes/packaging and am just not prepared to take any risks.
I would consider delivery to you or a half way meeting, for a contribution to my petrol costs.

take5
17-07-2013, 16:20
NEW PRICE £1750

If it helps, I am coming down to Beaconsfield this coming weekend. I can offer free delivery for these amps en route.

So, M6, M42, M40.

take5
15-08-2013, 07:54
These fantastic amps are still available.

take5
27-08-2013, 15:37
Still available. £1750.

I may be interested in a part exchange for a phono stage. Probably with a cash payment to me.

take5
03-09-2013, 18:05
NEW PRICE : £1700.

Thats about a quarter of the new price of the current version of these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I bought these, Si valued these at £2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may well be a bad time to sell, just at the end of the holidays etc. So......
I am in no rush for the funds. I would be happy to take a £50 deposit, and sit on them until you have the finances available to complete the deal. The deposit would be non refundable in the event of you pulling out.

Demo very welcome at my home. I may be able to meet or deliver for a contribution towards my petrol costs.

Still open to a part exchange deal for a phono stage.

take5
23-09-2013, 07:31
Still available at £1700.

I have extended my wish list, so will consider part exchange of any of the following.

1)Quality Phono Stage
2) Garrard 301
3) Thorens 124

Thanks

take5
27-10-2013, 15:16
NEW PRICE £1550

I live in Lancs, but will be down in Bucks/London area in about 1 month and can deliver/meet.

I will also be up in Scotland before xmas, and could do the same there.

No longer looking for another turntable, but would still be open to some kind of deal for a phono stage.

Thanks

thebeathunters
27-10-2013, 21:10
ah! too bad for the TT ihad an sp10 mkII to swap...
they look gorgeous, wish i was nearer:)

take5
31-10-2013, 19:02
Final reduction to £1500.

That is less than a quarter of the new price for a pair of fantastic mono valve amps. Is the world going mad?