PDA

View Full Version : Insanity - really.

MikeMusic
08-07-2013, 08:01
Stunned when I stumbled across this early yesterday on a shopping channel that's up before the main channel

The clip on TV was so insane I thought it was some sort of joke so I kept it on to see the pitch to buy the DVDs

YouTube gives an indication

NTEDDmCjd1k

Of course you would have super fit body - if you don't kill yourself first !

walpurgis
08-07-2013, 09:25
Hmm. No more intense than the training I used to do when I was younger.

MikeMusic
08-07-2013, 09:58
Hmm. No more intense than the training I used to do when I was younger.

I may have trained that hard once or twice, when I was also younger.
This is heavy duty and some of those punters are not that young
I was amazed at the intensity. Of course you'r going to tone, get fit, lose weigh if you go at it like that.
I find it hard to believe people signing up for it

walpurgis
08-07-2013, 11:35
I didn't train to tone.

It was to keep me competitive at martial arts. Plus of course there's nothing like feeling incredibly fit!
From the age of nineteen until I was over forty, I was in fantastic shape.

MikeMusic
08-07-2013, 12:07
I didn't train to tone.

It was to keep me competitive at martial arts. Plus of course there's nothing like feeling incredibly fit!
From the age of nineteen until I was over forty, I was in fantastic shape.

Can't remember working that hard in Aikido, but multiple attack usually left us done in after 2 minutes
:)

walpurgis
08-07-2013, 16:10
Contest judo is rather demanding.

Macca
08-07-2013, 16:37
It is quite a good infomercial as these things go - probably cheaper than a personal trainer and easier than sticking to a routine you worked out yourself. I used to be able to run up mountains, doubt I'd get 10 yards on the flat now :)

walpurgis
08-07-2013, 20:58
doubt I'd get 10 yards on the flat now :)

Not sure I'm quite that bad yet.

MikeMusic
09-07-2013, 07:03
It is quite a good infomercial as these things go - probably cheaper than a personal trainer and easier than sticking to a routine you worked out yourself. I used to be able to run up mountains, doubt I'd get 10 yards on the flat now :)
It looked like such hard work. Must be a very limited market for the product.
I'll have to watch it again with the sound on

MikeMusic
09-07-2013, 07:04
Contest judo is rather demanding.

I've seen some Olympic contests, yes they look well knackered.

Macca
09-07-2013, 16:58
Sod all the training malarkey - Best thing to do if you want to get fit - get a job doing manual labouring. It works and it works fast (well if you are still in your twenties it does) Plus they are paying you while you train! (Although probably not much).

walpurgis
09-07-2013, 18:17
Sod all the training malarkey - Best thing to do if you want to get fit - get a job doing manual labouring. It works and it works fast (well if you are still in your twenties it does) Plus they are paying you while you train! (Although probably not much).

Very true.

I spent several years from the age of nineteen working to learn Highway Construction and qualify as a Mason Pavior. Humping bags of cement (50kg back then), mixing concrete by hand, digging road trenches by hand, carrying and laying granite kerb (50kg a foot!) and paving slabs. To say I became strong and fit would be an understatement. The girls used to stop and chat while I was working in the summer, they loved the tan and muscles and the long wavy sunbleached hair (bald as a coot now and sagging a bit round the edges).

And yes, I got my City & Guilds plus other certs, then onwards and upwards. Roads became my career for 37 years!

Reffc
19-07-2013, 08:41
No different to intensive circuit training which I used to a lot of. I used to be in the competitive Judo arena as well but gave up marshal arts for climbing and mountain biking as it got me out doors more. These days I try and swim 500m a day and ride every other day. Insanity seems aimed at the couch potatoes who couldn't be arsed getting off their backsides and investing time and energy in keeping healthy...it'll probably give them a heart attack.

MikeMusic
19-07-2013, 09:07
The clips I saw looked way over the top to me. Didn't have the sound on so maybe it's intensive 2-3 mins then something else
Traffic aside I couldn't cycle to work at that sort of rate although I could maintain for 2-3 minutes fine.
That also seems to be a way to lose weight
Out of interest I'll turn the sound on to hear what they say