PDA

View Full Version : First Post

herbie339
05-07-2013, 02:46
I live in West Cheshire and have recently returned to my core interest in HiFi following a period of hearing problems.
I have eclectic musical interests, which increasingly gravitate towards baroque and jazz.
Having been introduced to Spendor loudspeakers by a dealer in the early 1980's, I have owned horns & electrostatics but return repeatedly to BC1's, SP2's,
SP1's, and now (finally?) SP100's.
A glorious creamy Class A Musical Fidelity A1000 has given way to a detailed and refined MF kW500.
Audio Synthesis and Meridian digital front end has recently been usurped by the remarkable Metrum Octave DAC.
Far too many turntables in the house: all my 'older' hifi was destined to be passed on to my children...but they seem sufficed by earbuds and MP3 compression.
'Tis their loss, did they but realise the joys they are overlooking?

Andrei
05-07-2013, 05:14
Hello from upside downsville!
I see you live in West Cheshire. Do you have trouble seeing cats? or was the problem only with your ears?
I too am an eclectic (sheesh, I can hardly spell the word) but gravitate away from Jazz.
When you say 'following' a period of hearing problems I sincerely hope that is behind you. I have a morbid streak and wonder how I would cope with loss of hearing. I 'comfort' myself by thinking I could listen to quiet music of Bach, Montiverdi etc.
I'm not such a vinyl man but I tell you what: These dudes on this site could not possibly read better words than 'too many turntables in the house'. In fact the AOS police already know your address and will be coming round withing 72 hours taking photos of your turntables if you you don't submit them yourself.

All the best, Andrei

Tarzan
05-07-2013, 21:11
Welcome aboard Stephen, get stuck in!:)

The Grand Wazoo
09-07-2013, 22:35
Hi there,
Welcome to AoS from me too - the jazz lovin' part of the membership is growing daily!
Cheers