PDA

View Full Version : Eastern electric Minimax phono stage

Mike g
03-07-2013, 19:34
Hi, I've just acquired an eastern electric Minimax phono stage as a first foray into valves. I'm using it with a dynavector 20xl. I've read various things about different loadings. Is it just a case of me plugging my phono cables into the low mc input on the phono stage or do I have the option of playing with the loading (without any form of DIY!).

Secondly, any good tube recommendations with this amp? First thoughts are it's a little bass light compared to my p75mkII but it might just need time to settle in. Also planning to buy some vibrapods as the rack it sits on (quadraspire reference) is in a place which suffers from footfall.

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

The Outcast
08-07-2013, 17:32
Get some Black gates banged into it and Russian valves and you will be sorted. It is a little shy in the bass registers unfortunately but it can be improved. Which TT are you using?

Mike g
08-07-2013, 17:58
TT is an early 80s LP13 with origin live/rega based arm. Sounding much better as it settles in- very full sound though needs an hour to warm up. The valves you recommend seem to be highly thought after- going to try and keep eyes open for them.

The Outcast
08-07-2013, 20:11
Let me know how you get on Mike.

H

Mike g
08-07-2013, 20:38
Will do!