PDA

View Full Version : Quick Jump?

Rothchild
24-06-2013, 07:31
Dear Forum Gods,

Would it please be possible to have the 'Quick Jump' button returned to the bottom of the page (next to the drop-down forum selector), rather than the 'Top' button? Previously you could get to the end of the thread, hit the quick jump button and be taken back to the main page for the board you are surfing (or another should you desire). Going to the top of the page and then using the breadcrumb trail from there just feels a bit clumsy to me.

Sorry if I've missed that the new forum has some clever trick that I've missed to enable this but at the moment there's too much clicking about to get back to the main board or sub-board that you're browsing.

Cheers!

Beechwoods
24-06-2013, 08:09
You can hit the Banner to get to the main Forum page or click the link to the forum you're in at the top left of the page to get back to the Forum you're in ('Critics Corner') in this case.

Rothchild
24-06-2013, 08:51
Both of which require me to go back to the top of the page, if the 'top' button was still a 'go' button then I'd be taken there directly. The banner at the bottom currently takes me to the 'activity' page?

Beechwoods
24-06-2013, 10:47
Yes, that was by design. I wanted to give people quick access to the Actvity Stream and recent posts from the lower banner.

There's always the Forum Jump drop down at the bottom right if you want to go straight to a particular forum.

Marco
24-06-2013, 11:06
I won't even say what I thought the thread title was about! :eyebrows:

Anyway, Marc - hope your problem is now solved.

Marco.

Rothchild
24-06-2013, 12:21
I won't even say what I thought the thread title was about! :eyebrows:

Anyway, Marc - hope your problem is now solved.

Marco.

Lol, I'd not seen it in that light until you mentioned it, at least it wasn't 'fancy a quick jump...'

Unfortunately understanding the decision that was taken doesn't actually fix my issue with it, there are essentially now two 'top' buttons at the end of the page (one in the quick jump and one in the red banner at the bottom) but this means that it's now 2 clicks to get back to the board being browsed rather than 1 (it also seems a little redundant to have 2) the jump drop-down is fine if you want to get to another board but it's quite deep and needs a bit of scrolling, I just want a button that takes me back to the board I'm browsing in one click when I reach the end of a thread.