PDA

View Full Version : FS - AG1500 power regenerator

Reffc
22-06-2013, 14:41
Just a few months old and little used, my AG1500 power regenerator is now for sale as I no longer need it due to kit changes:

Details here: http://www.powerinspired.com/ag-series-ac-power-regenerator/ (http://www.powerinspired.com/ag-series-ac-power-regenerator/)

http://upsmart.co.uk/images/ag500.jpg

Still under warranty, all leads and instructions with orignal box.

Perfect working order. Very silent operation.

Power factor >0.98 at full load; 1500w/VA capacity (more than enough for some serious valve or SS monoblocks plus preamp plus CDP).

IEC Inlet and outlet together with 3 further UK plug outlets (you can connect a normal extension block to any one).

bargain at £425 collected or £450 posted.

Wakefield Turntables
22-06-2013, 15:23
nice piece of kit, what did you move to?

Reffc
22-06-2013, 15:31
Didn't move to anything really Andrew...had a few pieces of kit which were 220/230v so played safe and bought the AG1500 for that purpose, but also to see if any audible improvements were to be have with vinyl replay(not really). Mains here is pretty stable and is usually between 237 and 242V. The AG is a nicely engineered piece of kit and runs almost silently. Sold off my kit which didn't operate UK voltage now hence no need for the AG1500.

jandl100
22-06-2013, 16:59
Depending on your mains these can make a big sonic improvement, ime. :thumbsup:

I still use mine. :)

Jazid
22-06-2013, 17:26
+1 for the regenerator. My mains was stable 232-237, mostly within 2volts, but in the last month it inexplicably dropped off to 218-230V, quite variable. Summat to do with power lines apparently, I am in C. London. It has now crept up to around 230 plus or minus a couple of volts, so even stable mains isn't necessarily reliably so. Interesting to watch the lghts dim whilst the AG didn't bat an eye, music sounded exactly the same ie great :)
Agree with Paul, sonic benefits are not large if at all, but its very useful and good for keeping your kit unstressed.

rubber duck
22-06-2013, 18:52
Like Paul I would love to move on my AG1500. It's big, bulky and difficult to accommodate, and overkill for my small amp requirements. So I recently ran my system without the AG1500 to see if I could do without it. Unfortunately, and despite much tweaking, the deterioration was obvious and improvements with AG1500 back in place seemingly subtle but musically significant that it will remain a permanent fixture in my set up. I might elaborate on this in an appropriate thread but will just note for now that there is more to this than a steady 230V (my mains in London is a fairly constant 245-248V). If the mains electricity and system-room interface are two basic foundations for any system, then the AG1500 is really indispensable. And for its price, even new, is a bit of a bargain.

brian2957
22-06-2013, 19:34
I use an AG500 and totally agree with you Jeff . There is more to it than just a stable mains supply . My mains must be quite bad because the improvements I got were far from subtle , particularly after a few weeks of use .

Wakefield Turntables
22-06-2013, 20:59
ok, always nice to hear what other folks have done to their systems, good luck mate.

DSJR
23-06-2013, 12:20
Like Paul I would love to move on my AG1500. It's big, bulky and difficult to accommodate, and overkill for my small amp requirements. So I recently ran my system without the AG1500 to see if I could do without it. Unfortunately, and despite much tweaking, the deterioration was obvious and improvements with AG1500 back in place seemingly subtle but musically significant that it will remain a permanent fixture in my set up. I might elaborate on this in an appropriate thread but will just note for now that there is more to this than a steady 230V (my mains in London is a fairly constant 245-248V). If the mains electricity and system-room interface are two basic foundations for any system, then the AG1500 is really indispensable. And for its price, even new, is a bit of a bargain.

I remember the mains at KJ W1 to be truly dire when I worked there for a few months in '98 before shifting to Northants for the remainder of my career... At the time, we used a Russ Andrews Kimber mains block which made a huge improvement. Having the mains totally regenerated should take things far further if you live in a busy town with all sorts of light or heavy industry around.

Reffc
25-06-2013, 12:01
Still available. Price drop to £415 (collected)

Reffc
28-06-2013, 07:59
Price drop to £400. No further reductions. This is 12 weeks old, has had limited use and is as good as new and under warranty. You could buy one of f evilbay and pay 50% more.

Reffc
30-06-2013, 17:18
Provisionally SOLD