PDA

View Full Version : kalozois's audio set ups

kalozois100
25-04-2009, 18:40
hi all,
I had some spare time today and I managed to read up on how to post pics of my set up so I have provided a photobucket link of my two audio set ups:-
1)office - laptop to usb to coaxial converter then into a yamaha av amp then out to mission speakers(unknown model as doesn,t say on the speakers) via linn cables.
2) living room - sony and toshiba dvd players, beresford tc7510, pioneer A400 amp, B&W 685 speakers, mark grant interconnects and belkin speaker cables. Also a nad tuner. ( and a sony W2000 LCD tv).
the above is a budget set up, and cannot compete with the many great audio set ups i have seen over the months on here but with the much valued help from this forum i have at least a sound i can be happy with (unless i win the lottery an then i'll get the upgrade fever and upgrade the whole lot!!)
Anyway in the photos i have a pic of the bottom of the speaker stand. the stands were donated by a friend but had no spikes which i cant use anyway due to wooden floors . so i stuck some spare kitchen door knobs that are coned to a point and found that it isolates the speaker stands really well from the floor. Also please note the usb to optical adapter as i am very impressed with it . back to speakers yes that is tape (electrical ) around the speakers to hold them in place on the stands so the children don't accidently knock them off.I also removeved the connecting plate on the back of the 685s and used speaker cable instead. the markgrant cables have removed the digital harshness i had with previous interconnects and so i am also considering his speaker cables too but are currently out of stock. Ah,the linn lp12 turntable is currently not connected as we recently had the wall knocked through and in place there are dividing doors and i havent figured out where to fit it that will be near the amp. So there it is folks and here is the link to the pics below:-

http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv69/kalozois/

Warm Regards,
kalozois:)