PDA

View Full Version : Just got clobbered again !!!

Audio Al
14-06-2013, 15:40
Just got clobbered again !!!

Bloody TAX :steam:

My new speaker foams arrived , well a card did . We cant deliver until you pay £15 Tax and handling charges :eek:

Still Cameron needs more millions to pledge to the rest of the world :rolleyes:

So the £35 foams are now £50 foams :doh:

Oldpinkman
14-06-2013, 15:56
You need a good accountant mate! Not sure I can help you with import duty though. Surely they were a "gift" with zero value?? Best I can offer is to cry into my beer in sympathy - oh look, its that time again :cool:

Macca
14-06-2013, 17:08
It's not so much paying the tax as the fact that you just know that they spunk it up against the wall the second they receive it. Now we have these ridiculous enforced pension schemes (you can opt out but they don't make it easy and you have to opt out every year...) apparently because 'not enough people are saving for their old age'. I'm sorry? What is National Insurance for then? Doesn't that go into a ring fenced investment scheme? No of course not, as that would make too much sense. Instead it too is pissed away on one of their ridiculous schemes within seconds. Wankers.

Mr Kipling
14-06-2013, 17:15
You'll just have to call a halt to your pishanto proliferation for this weekend.

Every cloud has a silver lining, Al. . .

Audio Al
14-06-2013, 17:30
You'll just have to call a halt to your pishanto proliferation for this weekend.

Every cloud has a silver lining, Al. . .

Self inflicted as I am decorating :(

Mr Kipling
14-06-2013, 17:45
Yes Al. . .

Come Sunday morning and the call of the pishanto will be too great to resist.

Tarzan
15-06-2013, 07:55

My new speaker foams arrived , well a card did . We cant deliver until you pay £15 Tax and handling charges :eek:

Sell some of your tat.:ner:

Oldpinkman
15-06-2013, 15:15
Now we have these ridiculous enforced pension schemes (you can opt out but they don't make it easy and you have to opt out every year...) apparently because 'not enough people are saving for their old age'. I'm sorry? What is National Insurance for then? D.

Aherm - don't shoot the messenger. Bit of good news - you only have to re-enroll every 3 years. But yes, its a pain in the bum

Tarzan
15-06-2013, 15:27
Self inflicted as I am decorating :(

B'Jesus what are you decorating Buck Palace:ner:

Mr Kipling
15-06-2013, 15:27

You must be (Wait for it. Wait for it.) - FOAMING! Al.

Bumm! Bumm!

walpurgis
18-06-2013, 09:33
I've bought loads of stuff from abroad and always factor in the extra charges. It would be unrealistic not to as you will get stung most of the time.

I recently bought two £300 (approx) electronic items from the far east and paid between £100 and £140 shipping plus around £50 to £60 duty on each, but they were well worth the final cost compared to UK retail prices.