PDA

View Full Version : a funny old world

Pieoftheday
12-06-2013, 17:21
hi all, over the last year or so ive tried to improve things, new speakers, new dac, various toslink and coaxial cables, a booster thingy and almost went for a new power supply with booster thingy built in:eek: now things did improve but i was listening more for improvements than i was to music. so ive kinda gone back to basics, sold the dac and bought a marantz ud5007 blu ray player as main source , im just enjoying music now, :scratch:). does everyone get frustrated with 'upgrades' at some point? cheers jim:scratch:

Alex_UK
12-06-2013, 21:34
Very few "upgrades" are that in my opinion - I quite like the expression "sidegrades" - often you make a change which does change the sound, but very difficult to discern if it is better or worse - often just different. But who cares - you're doing the right thing enjoying the music - it is all that matters in the end. :)

The Grand Wazoo
12-06-2013, 21:38
Just like changing lanes.
Don't stay in the middle one too long now!

jandl100
13-06-2013, 06:43
I like to ring the changes -- for me "interestingly different" can be just as much fun as better - whatever better means to you.

But yes, if you are obsessing more about the audio changes than you are enjoying the music, then it's probably time for a strategic withdrawal and regroup! :)

pjdowns
13-06-2013, 11:19
I'd agree with all comments, sometimes what is perceived as an upgrade ends up being just a change and in the worst of cases can disrupt the system somewhat causing you to listen to the Hifi as apposed to the 'Music' which is what's it all about!

Pieoftheday
13-06-2013, 16:20
ta for the responses, trying new bits of kit is fun, but a rest will do me good:rolleyes:might even try some sacd's now ive a decent player:guitar: