PDA

View Full Version : O for crying out loud

Rare Bird
07-06-2013, 17:36
Can someone friggin well sort AOS out, it's bloody night mare to use at the moment, so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, half the things don't even work. I am lityerally loosing the will to live.

Beechwoods
07-06-2013, 17:57
You should try doing my job.

I've raised this with our server hosts. It looks like our server is fine. The issue is not with our server, but the network into it. Someone is probably hammering one of their other servers and it's causing our traffic to be delayed as well. No consolation, because this should not happen. Believe me you are not the only one who extremely frustrated about how frequently this is happening.

synsei
07-06-2013, 18:41
I know it is frustrating guys, and lord knows I have done my fair share of whinging on the subject, but we need to remember that the guys who run AoS do so out of their love of music. Another thing worth mentioning is that it costs money to rent server space and as more people join up, activity increases which leads to an increase in bandwidth usage. The more bandwidth we need the more it costs and those costs come out of somebody's pocket ;)

Audioman
07-06-2013, 20:12
I couldn't access the forum earlier. Browser just hung for minutes on end with a blank page before I gave up. Checked loads of other sites and they all were fast. Something blocking access to the server AOS is on. It's the current hosting company and it's servers that are the problem. Possibly a DOS attack? When working is pretty smooth so does not suggest there is normally a bandwidth issue.

Ali Tait
07-06-2013, 20:20
Aye, I think Nick needs a big shout out for all the work he's doing, and all for free I might add!

Nick, you hitting Glasto this year?

Perhaps we could finally meet up for that beer!

BTW, anyone else going?