PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail scraps bikes and say it's green !?

MikeMusic
04-06-2013, 10:43
Talking to my guys in the local sorting office Saturday

Their bikes are now all chained up and will be shipped out somewhere 'good'

Royal Mail now has trolleys for local deliveries walking direct out from the sorting office
Deliveries further out will be 2 posties in a van, each with a trolley that they will unloaded from the back of the van, walk around and back to the van, then back to the office

This might be more efficient, but they are calling it 'green'
Do posties emit noxious gases when cycling ?
:scratch:

wiicrackpot
04-06-2013, 11:18
Depends on the curry from the night before. :)

Audioman
04-06-2013, 12:05
Talking to my guys in the local sorting office Saturday

Their bikes are now all chained up and will be shipped out somewhere 'good'

Royal Mail now has trolleys for local deliveries walking direct out from the sorting office
Deliveries further out will be 2 posties in a van, each with a trolley that they will unloaded from the back of the van, walk around and back to the van, then back to the office

I think the green bit is that they are RECYCLING the bikes. The new delivery method is part of an efficiency drive. Can carry more letters and small parcels with a trolley plus there is a saving of van use for parcels delivery.

Puffin
04-06-2013, 12:36
We are just starting our "revision". Remains to be seen how many bikes will remain. For a lot of the round I do a trolley would need to be motorised to get it up the steep hills, and yes I fart like a 650 Norton all day:lol:

MikeMusic
04-06-2013, 12:49
I think the green bit is that they are RECYCLING the bikes. The new delivery method is part of an efficiency drive. Can carry more letters and small parcels with a trolley plus there is a saving of van use for parcels delivery.

The efficiency I could be persuaded on.
Apparently the overall letter count is down massively. Parcels the same or up

MikeMusic
04-06-2013, 12:50
We are just starting our "revision". Remains to be seen how many bikes will remain. For a lot of the round I do a trolley would need to be motorised to get it up the steep hills, and yes I fart like a 650 Norton all day:lol:

No bikes at all I was told

Puffin
04-06-2013, 13:01
No bikes at all I was told

Not what we have been told.

Covenant
04-06-2013, 13:12

Ooh, I know that one:
THERE WAS A YOUNG LASSIE FROM MORTON,
WHO HAD ONE LONG TIT AND ONE SHORT 'UN,
ON TOP OF ALL THAT,
A GREAT HAIRY TW*T,
AND A FART LIKE A 650-NORTON

MikeMusic
04-06-2013, 13:48
Not what we have been told.
Let's hope not
Seems to be the case in Shepperton.

synsei