PDA

View Full Version : Away for 3 weeks :-)

Thing Fish
30-05-2013, 14:28
As the weather is so shite here in the UK I have decided to fly south (actually east) in search of heat.

At precisely 21:10 this evening I take off for 3 blissful weeks in Thailand. The plan is to spend about 3 days Photographing in and around Bangkok ( I can't normally take any longer as it's far too touristy for me) and then head off up to Chiang Mai to see the marvelous temples they have up there. I have been there before and really enjoyed it.:)

I will also be trying to master the art of street photography without getting beaten up. I do speak fairly good Thai and i'm hoping that that coupled with a nice smile will see me through...:D

I managed to secure a really minty Fuji X100 from fleabay for the trip. I wished it was a new X100s but hey ho it was only £350 so we'll see how it copes. Apart from the focusing speed issues quite well I suspect.

If all go's well I will post some pics on my return.

Don't argue too much while i'm away there's a good forum...:ner:

Almost forgot, I will have my trusty iPod with neco amp and sennheiser hd25II I's so I will still get my daily music fix...:cool:

Marco
30-05-2013, 14:37
Have a nice one, Dave, and don't be dating too many ladyboys! :D

Marco.

Rare Bird
30-05-2013, 14:38
Have a good time Dave

Thing Fish
30-05-2013, 14:55
Thanks...:)

I packed in less than 5 minuets so I bet i've forgotten something important...:scratch:

snapper
30-05-2013, 15:02
Have a great time, Dave. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

:)

Tarzan
30-05-2013, 15:03
Have a great time, Dave. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

:)

Enjoy;)

Marco
30-05-2013, 15:03

I packed in less than 5 minuets so I bet i've forgotten something important...:scratch:

Aye, it'll be yer Prada sling-backs! :lol:

Enjoy!

Marco.

synsei
30-05-2013, 15:08

PASSPORT!!!

Have a good time Dave, I am insanely jealous... Or is that just 'insane'? :scratch: :D

Tim
30-05-2013, 15:10
Have a great time there, I love Chang Mai, nice easy pace and great weather. Not sure if its your bag and you may have done it already, but I can thoroughly recommend a course here;

http://www.thaicookeryschool.com/page/school-facilities-19.html

Sompon is a great host and makes everything easy to understand - :D you are making me want to go back now!

I guess if you already speak Thai though, cooking has already been mastered?

Rare Bird
30-05-2013, 15:14
I got a E-Mail message the other day where ive gotta do online check in! what the hell all that is about is beyond me but i'll worry about it nearer the time

Thing Fish
30-05-2013, 15:15
I have also been to Surin a few times but I keep on meaning to go during November as they have a big elephant (Chang) festival there. That would make for some good photo's...:stalks:

Thing Fish
30-05-2013, 15:16
I got a E-Mail message the other day where ive gotta do online check in! what the hell all that is about is beyond me but i'll worry about it nearer the time

I've heard of that but have never been asked to use it...:scratch:

Tim
30-05-2013, 16:07
Its great André, actually pretty easy and it does help speed things along at the airport, certainly BA's online check-in does. I flew from T5 last year and from walking through the terminal doors to sitting in the departure lounge drinking a coffee took 23 minutes!

Audio Al
30-05-2013, 16:22
Nice one

Wish I could go somewhere nice

Enjoy your holiday , look forward to seeing all the photos :)