PDA

View Full Version : Sound Hi Fi SL1200 SL1210 spreads the word to the USA

Dave Cawley
21-04-2009, 07:00
Marco reminded me about the section this should go in, and that it is a specific area where a manufacturer can brag without thread hijacking!

TONEaudio the American online magazine and blog have just received our new armboard and described it as "a work of beauty". Click here (http://www.tonepublications.com/blog/could-this-be-the-future-of-the-sl-1200/) to read it.

The online magazine is well worth a read click here (http://www.tonepublications.com/magazine/) to see it.

What isn't generally known is why we ask the customer which arm he has, and that is because we have a 210mm armbase for the 250 and a 214 for the 750. :kiss:

It is our attention to detail and the fact that from day one we took the holistic approach to the SL1200. We knew exactly where we were going and if you look at www.SL-1200-MK2.com you can see we have 78rm and are currently working on the main bearing. The bearing mod is coming out in about 9 months, almost on schedule but will make a massive difference. When we have that it's time to address the damping, but we have to have everything in place first.

David Price from Hi Fi World is going to do a review with a SME V. I think this story will go on and on..............

Regards

:bag:

Dave

Peter Stockwell
21-04-2009, 13:43
I love mine with the IV, best TT I ever had.

Marco
21-04-2009, 13:57
Hi Dave,

Nice one - that's great news :)

The publisher of the magazine is a member here and goes under the name of "TONEPUB".

The fact is the Techy is good enough when modified to take ANY arm and cartridge combination, providing the physical dimensions are right. With an SME on it, it is stonkingly good, as no doubt Peter will attest to ;)

Btw, your second link isn't working for me...

Marco.

Marco
21-04-2009, 14:39
It is now, ta! :)

Marco.

REM
21-04-2009, 17:46
I love mine with the IV, best TT I ever had.

It's passably ok with a 309 too...:lolsign:

Ralph

SteveW
21-04-2009, 19:54
Dave...I shall be watching this bearing up-grade with REAL interest.
Plans for complete changes next year (pay-outs expected)...and am now taking an interest in upgrades to my system, including improvements from my ol LP12.
So...keep up the good work !