PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest Likely, Pt II, Tapes

DaveK
20-04-2009, 22:22
Hi All,:)
As some of you may already be aware I am about to post a list of around 106 vinyl discs that I put in my loft about 30 years ago and which I am now offering (at a price) individually to anyone interested. During the search for these I have also re-discovered a slightly smaller quantity of cassette tapes, mainly purchased in the UK but also including a few purchased in Singapore in the arly 80s - I mention this because a few of them are local (to Singapore) tapes of local music (an acquired taste but something different).
If there is any interest I am willing to list these tapes for offers, but a few of them I would like to have transferred to CD or DVD-Audio before letting them go, if anyone offers this service.
Please contact me if you are either interested in looking at the list or are able to offer to transfer them in high definition to CD or DVD-Audio.
Thanks for your consideration,
Dave.

Spectral Morn
20-04-2009, 22:28
Are these blank tapes you recorded onto or bought tapes. I would be interested in chrome or metal tapes and reel to reel tapes if you have any?

Transfer to CD would not be an issue, as I have a Nakamichi cr5e which could be recorded from to a Yamaha HD/CD recorder.

Regards D S D L

DaveK
20-04-2009, 22:41
Hi Neil,
Another insomniac eh??
As you recall I am no expert - the tapes are all bog standard tapes in cassettes, all purchased from the usual retail outlets and the sort that you put in car stereos and tape decks. From what I remember bog standard tapes would not be chrome or metal, just the usual pale brown/beige plastic filmy sort that get snagged in crap transports.
None of them are home made.
Any interest?
Dave.

Spectral Morn
20-04-2009, 23:01
AH pre-recorded....

I don't know I would need a list of what you have...hard to say otherwise.

Regards D S D L

DaveK
23-04-2009, 19:09
Hi Neil,:)
Having finally got my Vinyl list posted, thanks to Mike Homar, I can now address the pile of tapes. In order of importance: -
Because tape cassettes are not so 'sealed' as vinyl inserted in an inner sleave, rotated 90 deg., inserted in the outer sleeve, rotated a further 90 deg. and inserted in a clear plastic outer sleeve (as were my vinyls) and also, I regret to advise, not packed so well, and I do not have the necessay kit to play them, I cannot be sure as to how pristine or otherwise they are.
Bearing all the above in mind would you still be willing to transpose a few of them, Hi-Res, onto a CD/DVD-A?
Sometime over the next few days I will try to list them on Excel and let you have a copy.
Cheers,
Dave.