PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Ray Vaughan

Tarzan
27-05-2013, 20:46
Had to spend my Christmas vouchers in HMV before they go to the wall again, so as l lent my CD copy of Couldn't stand the weather to a work colleague and have not seen it since:steam: l brought the CD remastered version of the album, all l can say the sound quality is crap,bright, hard and steely, quite disappointed l have to say although it has a few unreleased tracks etc, for my money the original was far better, just a little heads up.

DSJR
28-05-2013, 10:37
Thanks for this :)

southall-1998
28-05-2013, 10:56
I don't bother buying from HMV anymore!!

Audioman
29-05-2013, 20:02
Typical of CD remasters I'm afraid. This has created a whole market for second hand CDs. There are whole discussions about the best original CD versions of many titles on the Steve Hoffman forum. Of course the way to avoid this is to buy a used or reissue vinyl version of SRV.

daytona600
29-05-2013, 21:59
SRV on 200g analogue productions 33 & 45rpm should sound superb

Audioman
29-05-2013, 22:43
SRV on 200g analogue productions 33 & 45rpm should sound superb

When is it being released ? I've got a number of Mo-Fi and AP titles on pre-order (with diverse Vinyl) for which the release dates keep going back and I'm sure these are well down the queue at QRP. Too many good releases coming and Couldn't Stand The Weather sounds great on my bog standard Epic copy. Pure Pleasure also released it a few years back.

Paul.

MartinT
30-05-2013, 05:41
Shame, the original CD sounds excellent.

pjdowns
30-05-2013, 16:23
Typical of CD remasters I'm afraid. This has created a whole market for second hand CDs. There are whole discussions about the best original CD versions of many titles on the Steve Hoffman forum. Of course the way to avoid this is to buy a used or reissue vinyl version of SRV.

I have found that I prefer some remastered editions whereas others sound appalling.

Personally, good ones are:

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
Michael Jackson (All)

P.

daytona600
31-05-2013, 22:11
When is it being released ? I've got a number of Mo-Fi and AP titles on pre-order (with diverse Vinyl) for which the release dates keep going back and I'm sure these are well down the queue at QRP. Too many good releases coming and Couldn't Stand The Weather sounds great on my bog standard Epic copy. Pure Pleasure also released it a few years back.

Paul.

AP released on 13th of august , have the 33 & 45rpm box set
single albums & sacds on order
if you need one quicker have the pure pleasure versions in stock

http://snvinyl.co.uk/epages/eshop943300.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop943300/Products/AAPBSRV45-BOX