PDA

View Full Version : Music room decorating !!

Audio Al
26-05-2013, 08:42
OK

So I am going to bite the bullet and re decorate the listening room / tv room

Having seen some nice room our members have

any suggestions as to a nice modern / calming / light and airy wall paper

NOTE , this is a serious post just in case you thought I had flipped :lol:

Macca
26-05-2013, 09:05
OK

Having seen some nice room our members have

:

I know makes you sick doesn't it? ;)

Tim
26-05-2013, 11:18
I know makes you sick doesn't it? ;)
Yes, I do remember you once saying you needed to get the hoover out more often Martin. Still when you are near the beach, the sand will add character and you won't really care about stuff like that in the Caribbean ;)

hal55
26-05-2013, 12:29
Soft adjustable lighting, comfy recliner chair, good reading light, and enough furnishings to tame the room if you think it could be bright.

Hal55

Thing Fish
26-05-2013, 12:41
White, white and white. Sand and polish the floors (if they are wooden). Nice thick rug and add colorful touches to taste...:)

Audio Al
26-05-2013, 12:49
White, white and white. Sand and polish the floors (if they are wooden). Nice thick rug and add colorful touches to taste...:)

White :hmm::hmm:

No floor boards to varnish :(

Macca
26-05-2013, 12:50

Yep - white is easy and cheap and you don't have to muck about cutting in. A big fat sofa to damp the room down. Heavy curtains. And no clutter. Always easier to relax in a room without clutter - or do like I do and keep the light level really low so you can't see it :)

YNWaN
26-05-2013, 12:51
Must you have wallpaper (I wouldn't)?

Audio Al
26-05-2013, 12:56
Must you have wallpaper (I wouldn't)?

I have embossed paper at the moment that you paint when you get fed up with it ,

I am now fed up with painted wallpaper :) and the walls are not straight enough to look good just painted

Haselsh1
26-05-2013, 14:02
I've almost finished doing our music room with only finishing touches to be done now but I chose a very pale 'Apple White' in matt and white matt for the trim. This is a very peaceful and relaxing colour with everything just being so laid back. The colour is Dulux Apple White matt and it is truly gorgeous to look at in an old Victorian type terrace. The plaster coving and Dado rail and also skirtings are all matt white to harmonise with the pale green/blue. Of course dirty great black ash floorstanders muck it all up but you can't have everything for God's sake

;)

losenotaminute
26-05-2013, 14:08
'Natural hessian' coloured paint. It's the new Magnolia :)

Figlet108
26-05-2013, 15:48
Al, by pure coincidence I'm also doing a major overhaul of the listening rooms this BHW.

Under strict interior design supervision from my wife we are doing neither fully painted walls or wallpaper - instead we are covering the bottom 2/3 of the wall with wainscot panelling and a dado and painting all that off white, and the top 1/3 just a plain painted wall in light dove grey. Here's a shot of the upstairs listening room that's almost done - hope it inspires some ideas for you...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pIPp8481lmo/UaIs8d9OyqI/AAAAAAAAB9k/j2BNBZZJ5oI/w1347-h898-no/IMG_6650_resize.JPG

YNWaN
26-05-2013, 16:33
I have embossed paper at the moment that you paint when you get fed up with it ,

I am now fed up with painted wallpaper :) and the walls are not straight enough to look good just painted

I would have the walls skimmed then and paint them - definitely not embossed wallpaper!