PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl For Sale...

DaveK
19-04-2009, 16:17
Hi everyone,
I have recently tidied my loft and rediscovered my old vinyl collection stored up there 25 to 30 years. With very few exceptions I am no longer interested in them and they are available for sale. I am looking for generous contributions towards my 'Daves new DAC fund' so please scour the list and make me an offer or otherwise express your interest. To the best of my knowledge they are all in pretty good condition but I have not individually scrutinised each side of each one (there are 106 vinyls in total). If anyone is interested please PM me stating which ones are of interest and I will scrtinise them and advise you.

Dave's Vinyl List. (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.homar/Vynil%20List%20090421.htm)

Of the ones that I am still interested in, they are still for sale but I would like to get a Hi-Res CD produced from them before parting with them. This should only result in a slight delay.
Any questions, please get back to me.
Thanks for your consideration,
Dave

Mike
23-04-2009, 18:13
Hi Dave,

I might be interested in the Jean Michel Jarre albums, what sort of condidtion are they in please?

Cheers,
Mike.

DaveK
23-04-2009, 18:54
Hi Mike,:)
The good news is that I too am a JMJ fan, the bad news is that Equinoxe/Oxygene double album is one of the very few that I want to get Hi-Res'd, so there would be a delay in shipping. Alternatively, if you know someone (forum member ?) who can CLEAN them thoroughly and produce a Hi-Res CD/DVD-A you may get your hands on them a little quicker.:)
I was about to state that further bad news is that one of the sides of one disc has got a 'smear' (only word I can think of to describe it) that Vinyl-Tek's cleaning fluid refused to shift, but when I just went now to identify where it was I could not find it - perhaps the cleaning fluid had a delayed effect ? In short they look very good (no scratches evident) and play very good on my old Sony TT but, just in case you were wondering, I fitted a brand spanking new cartridge before attempting to play them - your experienced ears may think differently-- who knows? - the proof of the pudding......
Magnetic Fields is not one of his best IMHO so that can go immediately - again I think it looks pristine but I have not attempted to play it.
I have not given any thought to prices for any discs - don't quote it back at me but to me most of them are virtually worthless and will probably finish up at a charity shop if they do not sell. Their true value is more what the buyer is willing to pay for them - make me a reasonable offer. Bear in mind that I am already heavily in your debt so I am not going to drive too hard a bargain. I would also, you being the guy you are, be willing to let you have them on a 'Sale or Return' basis if you are not happy with the quality.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Cheers:cool:
Dave.

Mike
23-04-2009, 19:04
S'ok, no rush... just gimme a shout when available.

I'm afraid I can't help with getting them onto polycarbonate though. :(

Cheers...

myles
23-04-2009, 19:37
Hi Dave,
As per the email, what do you want for G'n'R Appetite? If it is in good condition £10 all in?

Regards

Myles

DaveK
23-04-2009, 20:30
Hi Myles :)
Thanks for your offer. It is of interest but the situation has changed a little. Technically this LP was purchased originally by my son (39 in a couple of days), and on examination I find that he did not look after it as well as he might have done. There are some marks on each side, most of which I have just removed with a good wipe with vinyl cleaning solution. Unfortunately I have not yet managed to remove them all but I suspect further work may remove more. There are not any major scratches that I can see but I cannot claim that it is in pristine condition.
If you are agreeable I suggest that I post it to you for you to assess and make me an offer on what you think it is worth when you have played it. I have put a new cartridge in my old Sony TT so I could assess it before I send it. If we cannot agree a price, or you don't want it under any circumstances, you to send it back by the same postal service at your cost. I think that this is probably the best way forward - what do you think?
Dave.

myles
23-04-2009, 20:57
Tell you what Dave, you play it, tell me how poppy and clicky it sounds, and we can go from there. If the marks are marks and not scratches and the cover is in good condition, the offer stands!

Editedto add: Ok Dave, shall we scrap the above and go with your plan? I can PM you my address in a mo, if you like?

Marco
23-04-2009, 21:12
Alternatively, if you know someone (forum member ?) who can CLEAN them thoroughly...

I'm more than willing to put anyone's records in for a spin through the VPI :)

Marco.

DaveK
23-04-2009, 21:32
Hi Myles,
".....and the cover is in good condition, the offer stands!"

The cover and colourfully decorated inner sleeve is in pristine condition - hope the condition of the disc is comparable.
Cheers ,
Dave.
PS. I read your incoming on this AFTER I confirmed our arrangement to post this weekend.

DaveK
23-04-2009, 21:37
I'm more than willing to put anyone's records in for a spin through the VPI :)

Marco.

Hi Marco,
Please forward details of terms, turnround time (not critical) and address to which they should be sent, and any limits on quantity. I don't plan to bury you under a pile of them, they will be in single figures only.
Thanks for the offer,:cool:
Dave.

myles
24-04-2009, 04:56
Hi Myles,
".....and the cover is in good condition, the offer stands!"

The cover and colourfully decorated inner sleeve is in pristine condition - hope the condition of the disc is comparable.
Cheers ,
Dave.
PS. I read your incoming on this AFTER I confirmed our arrangement to post this weekend.
OK Dave, see your PM if you havent already!

Myles

Marco
24-04-2009, 06:46
Hi Marco,
Please forward details of terms, turnround time (not critical) and address to which they should be sent, and any limits on quantity. I don't plan to bury you under a pile of them, they will be in single figures only.
Thanks for the offer,:cool:
Dave.

Hi Dave,

You have a PM :)

Marco.