PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wid Da Black

RobbieGong
24-05-2013, 21:40
It's no secret that I am one seriously big fan of the Superb Ortofon 2M Black, in fact it's the only cart for me unless I ever have the mad amounts ie: £1650 to try it's bigger mc brother the Cadenza Black. I personally hail the 2M Black as the best mm out there. When launched not too long ago it could be had for under £400 and soon creaped up where it seemed to settle at £460 approx. I've just had a look on the 'Bay as I know I'll likely need another at some point and Blimey !! the majority are now closer £500, with one at £663 and another at £885.62 or best offer :eek: Can someone tell me what da fecks goin on ? Have me and others over spouted just how good this cart is or wot to our detriment ? :rolleyes: :scratch:

rusty bearing
24-05-2013, 21:53
I have no idea what's happening but i love mine and i ain't sellin'....well not before they reach a grand anyway!

hifi_dave
25-05-2013, 07:47
No idea why anyone would pay more than the latest retail price of £495 inc VAT..:scratch:

WOStantonCS100
25-05-2013, 12:14
FleeceBay, IMHO, is not a great place to determine fair market value, as legitimate retailers almost always have "in production" items for less. As a matter of fact, the price swing on out of production items has become rather wide. There's always some joker trying to sell a "rare" record for $500 (which was actually pressed in massive quantities and remains ubiquitous). :rolleyes: Some of the listings I've seen in the past few months aren't even good for a laugh anymore. When you can list for free, I suppose that's what happens.

Gromit
25-05-2013, 12:25
No idea why anyone would pay more than the latest retail price of £495 inc VAT..:scratch:

Agreed - just done 5 mins trawling the www and yes, it's £495 at several UK retailers.

Stormingly good cartridge. :)