PDA

View Full Version : Celestion Ditton 15 Speakers

walpurgis
24-05-2013, 20:44
Selling a very tidy pair of early seventies Celestion Ditton 15 speakers. They sound very pleasant indeed, with the HF1300 tweeter giving excellent mid and treble depth and detail. The bass is surprisingly extended and tight too. These work very well with valve amplification. Completely standard apart from the modern terminal posts that accept banana plugs, wires, spades etc., fitted instead of the original hopeless undersized wire spade posts. They are in remarkably good condition considering their forty odd years of age.

Please PM me with a sensible offer if you are interested. They would have to be collected from West London.

walpurgis
25-05-2013, 09:33
Nobody interested?

Not many of these about in this sort of condition and they do sound good, they're a nice example of the original Ditton range and deserve to be regarded as a 'classic'. I'd keep them if I had room but my den is jam packed. I'll be them putting them up for sale elsewhere on Sunday.

The Grand Wazoo
25-05-2013, 09:49
It might help to give some sort of indication of a price Geoff.

walpurgis
25-05-2013, 09:58
It might help to give some sort of indication of a price Geoff.

I left it open to "sensible offers" Chris.

Pairs in this condition have fetched getting on for £100 on eBay. I'd be happy with £65 (or more if there is competing interest), which I think is fair, given how nice these are.

They'll be listed for sale on Gumtree tomorrow at £85 o.n.o. I may put them on eBay too, but the fees are steep.

The Grand Wazoo
25-05-2013, 10:00
That's the thing you see, some might be afraid to offer you £65 for fear of offending!
In that case, they're a proper bargain & I expect someone may well now send you a PM.

walpurgis
25-05-2013, 10:08
Fingers crossed!

They are pretty efficient and I reckon anybody with a valve amp of modest power for instance, would be very pleased with what these can do.