PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest Likely?

DaveK
19-04-2009, 14:35
Hi,
First thing to say, being a very newbie, is that if this posting is not in the right place or contravenes any rules can I ask the Moderator(s) to make me aware of my error and relocate it in the proper place, even if that is the waste basket.
My starting point is that I am wanting to purchase one of Mr. Beresford's nice DACs, a 7520, but currently cannot find the financial resources without seriously upsetting my Financial Controller (wife of nearly 43 years). The thought occurred to me that I have accumulated a lot of now surplus kit over these years which might be worth something to someone (on eBay perhaps). In this regard and in the context of this forum the first thing that springs to mind is my 30 year old collection of vinyls, mainly LPs but including a few pop singles and EPs from that era. They are mainly budget labels, light classics and pop stars of the era. Another thing that I have which may be of interest to someone here is a Perception Digital 40GB Jukebox which accepts .mp3 and AAC files, with USB and ethernet connection with Gracenote facility.
Everything is in good condition, having been carefully stored in sealed plastic bags in my loft. The vinyls are in their original inner and outer sleeves (the LPs) and each is again inside a clear plastic record cover.
I would be interested to hear if anyone thinks any of these might be worth listing on eBay.
Thanks for your consideration,
Dave.

Spectral Morn
19-04-2009, 15:36
Hi,
First thing to say, being a very newbie, is that if this posting is not in the right place or contravenes any rules can I ask the Moderator(s) to make me aware of my error and relocate it in the proper place, even if that is the waste basket.
My starting point is that I am wanting to purchase one of Mr. Beresford's nice DACs, a 7520, but currently cannot find the financial resources without seriously upsetting my Financial Controller (wife of nearly 43 years). The thought occurred to me that I have accumulated a lot of now surplus kit over these years which might be worth something to someone (on eBay perhaps). In this regard and in the context of this forum the first thing that springs to mind is my 30 year old collection of vinyls, mainly LPs but including a few pop singles and EPs from that era. They are mainly budget labels, light classics and pop stars of the era. Another thing that I have which may be of interest to someone here is a Perception Digital 40GB Jukebox which accepts .mp3 and AAC files, with USB and ethernet connection with Gracenote facility.
Everything is in good condition, having been carefully stored in sealed plastic bags in my loft. The vinyls are in their original inner and outer sleeves (the LPs) and each is again inside a clear plastic record cover.
I would be interested to hear if anyone thinks any of these might be worth listing on eBay.
Thanks for your consideration,
Dave.

Hi Dave

Don't worry about things to much, we are a nice friendly place so mistakes are okay and can be sorted out. Firstly if you have anything you want to sell put it in the private exhibitions section. This is where non trade members
list items for sale. I would start a new thread for each item, but would put all your music you want to move on in one thread....say called Music for sale or such like.

I have heard the Beresford Dac 7510 recently and it is very good for the modest cost (you can read my thoughts on it here http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1919 )...not yet heard the 7520 which has a usb input (the 7510 has not got one of these)

Stan Beresford has also brought out a new psu for it which is better than the one it comes with. If you like you could PM (private message) him as he is a member here on the forum Sensimilia is his nick name.

You will get the hang of things and if you have any problems just ask myself or any one else on the admin/mod team.

Regards D S D L :)

DaveK
19-04-2009, 19:08
Hi everyone,:confused:
At the request of Neil (above) I have moved this to the 'Private Exhibition area and I will post a listing of the vinyl there tomorrow.
Dave.