PDA

View Full Version : Technics SP-9.5 MK1

frogspit
16-04-2009, 17:15
hello hello-

A few photos of the latest work on my 'poor boy SP-10' -I've been traveling for the last few weeks, so the project has been dormant, but I should be able to have it up and spinning soon-"soon" being when the work load slacks off a bit.

Fun project so far.....

Spectral Morn
16-04-2009, 17:34
Hi Frogspit (love the nick name)

Very interesting looking TT.....respect.

You DIY guys always amaze me by what you can do....WOW. If it sounds half as good as its starting to look, it will be, at guess very good. Maybe you might like to write about it....a sort of review in the Strokes of Genius section. I think SOG is particularly apt name for the place you might like to place your write up...as you (along with many other AOS members )are a genius. Well done.

Nice photos too....

Regards D S D L

aquapiranha
16-04-2009, 20:32
Wow mate! that looks fantastic! I bet you are well chuffed with it.

:)

The Grand Wazoo
16-04-2009, 22:45
Nice.
On the basis of looks alone, I think the shot of it with the PSU(?) box sitting on top is great - you should have fixed it there, bugger the second arm! I'd love a TT that looked like that!

mulane
06-06-2009, 00:31
Brilliant work Frogspit!!!! Can you tell us how it sounds? Also can you post more pictures? What type of wood did you use for the laminations? What is the design of your power supply - care to share it?

Magna Audio
06-06-2009, 23:30
That looks great. How does it compare with the donor?